Join the First Transit team as a General Manager and initiate, develop, and maintain a successful contract relationship. First Transit General Managers are committed to safety, customer service and have hands experience in all areas of the transportation business.
NOTE: The following position is for proposed new business within First Transit.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefit package, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, 401 (k) savings plan
- A great work environment
General Manager major responsibilities:
- Oversight and Management of the entire Bus Service and Maintenance Operations. Be on duty during peak travel times. Maintain daily activity reports. Maintain monthly workforce composition reports.
- Must be dedicated full time to the Airport shuttle Bus operation/contract and ensure all reporting requirements are submitted in a timely manner.
- Coordinate service needs, vehicle availability, and staffing requirements. Resolve any vehicles shortages prior to any impact on service levels.
- Available via cell for system emergencies 24 hours per day.
- Act as the primary liaison between Massport and Operator.
- Experience with the use and operation of AVL, APC, and CCTV systems as part of a shuttle bus.
- Handling all contractual services to include administrative functions, operations, information systems, parts purchasing, and inventory control.
- Ensuring compliance of all company procedures and policies
- Ensuring services are provided within budget and action plans developed and implemented to improve operational efficiencies.
- Maintaining company and contractual assets (vehicles, facilities, inventories, tools, and equipment).
- Ensuring compliance of local, state, and federal laws and regulation (EPA, OSHA, DOT, ADA, and EEOC).
- Analyzing, preparing, and developing budgets and forecasts.
- Assessing resource needs, problems, trends and plans accordingly.
- Developing action plans to ensure customer retention.
- Assuring a safe working environment.
- Providing and promotes effective communications with customers.
- Providing leadership and guidance to develop location and company bench strength.
- Establishing training goals and requirements for all personnel.
- Satisfying client, corporate, and contractual reporting requirements and needs.
- Assisting in technical sales support and develops sales leads
General Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Valid driver's license
- 3 years of passenger fixed route and Dial a ride service management experience required.
- Proven record of handling multiple responsibilities
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer