Whelan Security is looking for a talented and driven leader to drive service and profitable business in Metairie, LA.
Whelan Security is a performance-based company that cares deeply about maintaining our conservative business culture. The GM is the “face” of the company in the geographical market of responsibility and will represent Whelan as a market leader. The GM is responsible for the leadership, management, growth, employee development and engagement, client relations, compliance, brand development and profitability of the branch/market. The GM role is 20% strategic and 80% tactical. The strategic portion consists of business planning, financial forecasting and leadership, which includes the following four leadership principles – 1) hire great people, 2) set clear expectations, 3) provide the tools they need to succeed, 4) hold them accountable. The tactical portion requires a willingness to manage the “weeds” of the business to include financial management, personal sales, profitably growing the branch/market, personal management and hourly staff recruiting, operational support to assigned accounts to include post order development and performance metrics tracking, building management staff for the branch, compliance to the Whelan Mandatory Requirements, maintaining and growing client relationships throughout the region, building upon a culture of employee engagement and setting the example for all employees in the branch of servant leadership and personal commitment to the Whelan Values.
Performance Metrics: The GM is expected to achieve the following metrics within Whelan’s performance-based business environment:
- Year over year growth in profit percentage, profit dollars and revenue in the branch
- Year over year improvement in Employee Engagement Scores in the branch
- Minimum 95% annual client retention in the branch to include personal visitation to all clients weekly, monthly or quarterly depending on scope
- Personally recruit a minimum of one new manager/staff in your branch annually
- Develop a minimum of one manager/staff for promotion annually
- Personally sell new accounts in the branch while managing to 10% growth annually
- Become proficient in all company software systems (on-boarding, scheduling, financial, CRM)
- 100% compliance to the Whelan Mandatory Requirements
- Lead by example of living up to the Whelan Values
EducationCandidates must meet the following educational requirements:
- A college degree (Bachelor’s or greater) is preferred although equivalent experience will be considered
Be Supported: Whelan employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, supplemental benefits (including dental, vision, short term disability, life insurance, and legal assistance plans), 401(k) retirement plan, employee assistance program, prescription discount cards, paid vacations, and more!
Be Challenged: Our extensive training program and career progression opportunities create an environment where employees can thrive, succeed, and enhance their careers.
Be Rewarded: We are proud to acknowledge and reward exceptional employees who make a difference to customers, the team, and the organization through our comprehensive Employee Recognition Program.
Be Valued: We are more than a team – we are a family! The distinctive culture of our family business sets us apart from every other contract security company in the industry.
If you are looking for an outstanding opportunity to work at a family-owned, industry leading organization – APPLY NOW!
Click “Apply” to begin the application process immediately; or if you wish to expedite your application, we encourage you to visit our local branch office located at 4300 S I-10 Service Road West, Suite 113 to apply in person. For more information, you can also call us at 504-602-8010.
Not convinced? Listen to what our team members have to say!
Metairie, LA 70001