BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 15 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
BJ’s continues to grow resulting in the need for adding to our Management team. As General Manager you will have opportunity to have a direct impact on our growth strategy, develop a winning team and be part of a culture which embraces, Team, Community, Respect and Integrity:
The position is accountable for the operations and profitability of a BJ's retail warehouse and controlling operating costs as well as, the implementation of new concepts to maximize profits. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Mentoring and challenging our Team Members to help them develop into BJ's future leaders, to help us with our upcoming new club openings and growth plans
- Developing a team by providing continuous feedback and guiding their development and growth
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to change, being able to communicate by keeping it simple and explaining why and providing the necessary information for team members to do their jobs effectively
- Holding team members accountable and having difficult conversations when necessary
- Creating and fostering an environment where replication of "Best Practices" produces real productivity gain
- Working with other senior managers to develop new concepts and to effectively and economically implement top management decisions relative to warehouse operations
- Being aware of direct competition and having an understanding of the retail market
- Exceeding Members’ expectations and a dedication to creating a great shopping experience for all BJ’s members
- Embracing BJ’s Core Values, embodying our purpose and ensuring all team members do the same
- Generating planned profit objectives through effective techniques, technological improvements and productivity enhancements
- Attaining planned sales volume through effective supervision of warehouse management and communication with the Home Office
- Monitoring expenses versus plan and adjusting planned expenditures as necessary to achieve profit objectives
- Managing Assistant Managers to achieve daily standards, both operationally and overall merchandise presentation
- Working plans to achieve targets in key performance areas designated by Home Office, such as Productivity (sales/hours, audit, shrink, turnover)
- 4+ years of experience as a retail store or warehouse operations manager, preferably in a high sales volume supermarket, mass merchant, retail or wholesale club environment
- A strong drive for results is critical
- Must have the ability to lead and motivate a large group of Team Members
- Solid understanding of Profit & Loss Statements, shrink control, staff development, merchandising, customer service, problem solving and conflict resolution
- A solid work ethic; honest, straight forward and committed to and accountable for offering the highest quality of service
- Excellent communication skills
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.