Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following:
Competency:To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal - Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.