ABOUT THE JOB To reach excellence in daily running of different part of DC Operations.
YOUR ASSIGNMENT Your tasks will include:
- Assume major responsibility for shipping, receiving, block/storage
- Unload and properly handle all inbound/outbound merchandise
- Secure merchandise properly to allow for safe movement through the distribution center
- Verify articles received against corresponding paperwork. Note any discrepancies to ensure 100% inventory accuracy.
- Remove and properly document all damages found or caused on inbound/outbound merchandise.
- Properly store/stage all pallets in assigned locations
- Maintain a clean and safe work area in all locations within the distribution center
- Contribute to an environment where IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of coworkers and customers.
- Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as assigned
YOUR PROFILE Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
- Previous forklift warehouse experience preferred
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken, preferred.
- Be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Be able to lift, sit, stand, and walk for periods of time
- Be a dynamic, action oriented team player that is self-motivated and confident in making independent decisions
- A clear understanding of, and a passion for IKEA values and principles