As the Global Associate Director, Quality Engineering, you will be responsible for leading a regional team of Engineers to manage and execute quality priorities. This innovative individual will report directly to the SVP, Quality Management and will lead Quality (in pharmaceutical fulfillment sites) across the nation.
Working in a fast-paced and agile environment, you will develop and implement a Quality Control framework to establish checkpoints for testing new products and processes and guide operations and manufacturing engineering during new product start-ups, and facility launches. As a Quality Leader that can motivate a team, you are capable of establishing a vision for the quality engineering team and you are capable of driving change in the quality team and leading change across the organization. You are a Change Champion!
You will be responsible for establishing standards per required cGMP compliant quality system practices for consistency. Lead the team in providing support at the site level in diagnosing manufacturing (fulfillment-floor) quality problems; improving the quality and efficiency from order entry to dispensing, packing, warehousing and shipping processes with tangible, sustainable results within specified timelines. Lead the teams to identify, design, and launch inspections, and tests of fulfillment processes to help ensure the consistency and quality of the end product for members.
- Direct and coordinate the process engineering activities of the regional team engaged in the sampling, testing, and inspecting of raw materials and products to ensure compliance with quality standards and customer service agreements
- Responsible for the design and integration of Quality Control systems and controls at sites across the nation
- Guide and lead team to execute quality and process improvement projects; Scope as follows: Reduce defects (human/machine errors), downtime of machines/equipment, and scrap. Optimize use of fulfillment floor space and improve organization and safety of production areas
- Core “Lean” projects to reduce wasted operator motion, reduce walking, alleviate process bottlenecks, optimize location of material/ products, reduce setup time, to improve operational efficiencies
- Support product engineering efforts by participating in design and development projects representing quality assurance and the customer
- Guide team to standardize processes and procedures; design, implement, and monitor control plans to sustain changes
- Establish quality goals and implements metrics for monitoring system effectiveness
- Lead root-cause analysis and problem resolution to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements
- BS or BA degree - Technical, Engineering/Manufacturing
- 7+ years of quality experience
- 7+ years of experience managing regional teams
- 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 10+ years of experience in Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Quality Engineering of biopharmaceuticals, medical device, and or aerospace product
- Expertise with processes involved in manufacturing and distribution: QA, QC, validation, and process development
- Customer-first mindset with the drive to understand internal and external customer expectations and requirements
- Motivational Quality Leader capable of establishing a vision for the quality engineering team
- Engineering leader capable of driving change both in quality team as well as leading across the organization
- ASQ Certifications
- Master’s Degree
- Experience interpreting and implementing quality processes to quality standards (cGMP, etc.)
Careers with OptumRx. We’re one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You’ll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There’s no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.