At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Treasury Management (TM) is a key part of our Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation team. Treasury Management includes managing and optimizing our customers' cash flow and mitigating its operational, financial, and reputational risk. We focus on creating operating efficiencies, cost savings and time savings for our customers by delivering treasury solutions through a consultative approach.
We put our customers at the center of every decision we make by focusing on their needs, being a leader in innovation, keeping things simple, and making our solutions easy to implement.
In this position you will be responsible for Treasury Management Receivables Strategy supporting business-to-business and consumer to business solutions and lead a team of product management professionals supporting Wells Fargo’s Receivable Manager, E-Box and E-Bill solutions. You must ensure your teams efforts are integrated with Sales, Implementation, Service, Technology and Risk. Will apply market and/or functional expertise to develop and manage highly complex product solutions and/or channels that create a synergy of cost-efficiency, functionality and creativity to meet the needs and requirements of assigned markets and customer segments. Develop a multi-year strategic product plan to include pricing, marketing and distribution. As well as provides leadership to project teams; identify project goals, objectives, deliverables, constraints and issues; monitor completion of tasks to ensure that project goals are achieved. Will work with 3rd party vendor processing partners related to product implementation, processing and servicing.
This position will require extensive interfacing with partner lines of business, technology, operations, compliance and risk management. Will work with compliance teams to ensure all compliance requirements are defined, documented, and achieved. Coordinate product implementation including coordination of other resources such as technology, service and implementation, legal, vendors, etc. while ensuring programs adhere to compliance/privacy regulations and bank policies.
• Deliver Receivables solutions across multiple channels.
• Perform product analyses across applicable markets, conducting market research and multi-market competitive analysis.
• Responsible for working with product managers, Operations and Technology to manage / build the channels that deliver or support these payments.
• Work with vendors and 3rd parties related to product implementation and enhancements.
• Works with Operations and Customer Service to develop/document guidelines, procedures, and forms used in the requirements development process.
• Contribute to the development of product positioning through enhancements, pricing, targeted promotions and communications;
• Understand the cost/revenue impact of the product line and be able to identify and report on trends.
• Work with sales on complex customer solutions.
- 7+ years of experience in product management, strategic planning or a combination of both, with one or a combination of the following: treasury, trade or payments products
- 6+ years of leadership experience
- Ability to provide leadership to a matrixed organization environment
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Ability to effectively lead across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders and customers
- Solid creative and strategic thinking skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement solutions, and influence change
- Experience managing and maintaining vendor provided services
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- 7+ years of experience working in the payments industry product management
- Position will require extensive interfacing with partner lines of business, technology, operations, compliance and risk management
- Demonstrated ability to drive revenue growth in a product management role
- Ability to drive product innovation based on evolving customer needs, technological evolution, and dynamic market conditions
- Analytical capabilities utilized to identify root cause issues/improvement opportunities, and designing approaches/programs/products to address customer issues
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.