DescriptionThe Graphic Designer 2 develops and maintains graphic designs (e.g., art, color themes, photographs, web pages), audio and video to support the organization's image, identity and brands. The Graphic Designer 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Graphic Designer 2 develops and maintains the organization's graphics standards, techniques and methods. Develops the organization's website design and layout. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Visual Design, Communication Design, Interaction Design or similar
- 3 to 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Deep understanding and experience in graphic design disciplines including layout, color and typography.
- Proven ability to translate strategy and business needs into appropriate graphic solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills — can clearly communicate design decisions and conceptual themes with supporting logic based on the strategic goals. Ability to "sell" a concept
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Cloud): InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Previous agency experience
- Prior experience with digital design development
- Prior health insurance industry and/or Corporate experience
Scheduled Weekly Hours40