One Kings Lane is looking for a Graphic Designer to assist the creative team's daily design of both digital and printed collateral. Responsible for presenting and delivering brand right graphics to leaders and teams, providing a unique point of view. Design graphics that tie back to the overall concept and brand strategy of the brand. The role will require you to be highly organized, collaborative, and detail orientated. You'll be a great fit if you can maintain a keen eye for design while juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Collaborate with designers, developers, marketing and product managers to understand digital production needs and manage your workload.
• Research graphic ideas appropriate for the seasonal concept appropriate into applied graphics
• Be able to iterate on our current franchise’s designs while still working within the established guidelines.
• Conceive, design, and produce new company franchises – seeing them from idea phase through to publish on our live site.
• Assist in the creation and organization of design templates, graphic assets and design specifications.
• Help design and conceive our event pages: telling visual stories, embedding videos, cutting graphics, styling text and choosing color palettes.
• Resize assets for different platforms such as the iPhone or iPad, test to ensure execution is functional and mirrors original iteration.
• Manage any image/asset swapping on the fly.
• Concept, design and production of printed materials (catalog, store assets, printed marketing collateral)
• Keep up with current design trends
Skills & Requirements
• Must be an excellent multi-tasker
• Creative thinker
• Ability to toggle seamlessly between platforms, types of content and Creative/Merchandising/Marketing teams
• Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment without losing focus
• Self-directed nature with an ability to manage own workload and daily deadlines
• Compelling aesthetic sensibilities and good understanding of layout, good sense for color, design and especially typographic principles
• Strong experience with image compression and optimization techniques
• Impeccable file structure, management and archiving
• Ability to follow branding guidelines and specs
• Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
• 2-4+ years working in a design/production capacity or equivalent internships
• Bachelor's Degree in graphic design/user interface/web development or a related field
• Confident, nimble, unflappable, curious, kind and fun
• Familiarity of HTML and CSS
• Experience with branding is a plus
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.