Graphics Teacher, Special Education
Primary Location: United States-MD-MDBaltimore
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly lesson plans and delivers quality classroom instruction within a therapeutic atmosphere
- Coordinate lessons that correlate with students’ Individualized Education Programs (IEPs)
- Maintain a high quality learning environment which meets the needs of emotionally disabled students
- Monitor student learning and adjusts delivery of instruction and/or learning activities accordingly
- Encourage active student involvement in learning by appropriate use of one or more, but not limited to the following techniques: signals, rehearsed responses and group discussions through higher level questioning
- Utilize Teacher techniques for diagnostic and general check for learning by verbal responses as well as written means. Use feedback from these responses to adjust delivery of instruction and/or learning activities
- Participate as a member of the IEP team.
- BA degree in graphic arts or fine art required or a high school diploma and at least 5 years of documented experience in the graphics communications technology industry within the last 10 years
- MSDE certification in Visual Art or Graphic Communications strongly preferred
- Additional MSDE certification in Special Education or willingness to complete additional certification to meet state requirements
- Experience in computer layout & design, working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, Dreamweaver, etc.)
- Mechanical knowledge of small duplicators and print order processing desired
- Experience working with students with serious behavioral and emotional needs
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
Founded in 1990, MENTOR Maryland began as a single service provider, serving children with developmental disabilities in our therapeutic foster care program. With the help of our dedicated employees, growing relationships with other local providers and the support of The MENTOR Network, we have grown to a diversified agency serving hundreds of children and adolescents with varying needs throughout the state.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Our organization is driven by the power or relationships. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do. Apply Today!