About UsGiant Eagle Express is a smart stop for fresh meals along with the grocery items our customers buy most. We offer a variety of ready to eat and ready to heat meal solutions along with fresh, time saving meal options such as a salad bar, hot bar, and soup available hot or chilled. We have what you buy most: Produce, Baked Goods, Meat and seafood, Dairy and frozen, Groceries, And much, much, more. Our current location also features a fuel station and a drive-thru pharmacy.
If you are looking to grow you're career at one of Giant Eagle's newest and most innovative formats - and be part of Giant Eagle's overall multi-format growth strategy - check out some of the great positions we have available at Giant Eagle Express.Position SummaryAs a Giant Eagle Express Center Store Clerk, your responsibility is to provide efficient and accurate customer service in all departments to ensure customer requirements are met, building customer loyalty by providing exemplary customer service from "wall to wall" in each area of our storeJob Responsibilities
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, floor (to ensure safety), and sanitation regulations are met.
- The primary responsibility is to maintain center store to the needs of the Center store manager , while giving exemplary customer service to each customer by meeting their needs while completing their order.
- Ringing up customer's orders by scanning product or punching price into register,finalize sale and collect payment by totaling order, deducting for coupons, and accepting tender from customer. Bagging orders by putting grocery orders into the appropriate bags and then into customers carts.
- Keep parking area and fuel area clean. Fuel equipment kept clean at all times and surrounding ground areas free of debris and fuel spills. Parking area kept clean by sweeping up debris or shoveling snow when necessary. Learn and understand all fuel requirements and laws / safety procedures and ensure all safety guidelines are being adhered to while handling fuel sales. Direct traffic flow if neccessary.
- Respond to all customer requests and questions and service them in a timely manner using exemplary customer service skills at all times.
- Stock, rotate, block and maintain product on shelves and have a knowledge of code dating.
- Proper unloading and storage of food items in prep areas and coolers. Unload product from truck and break down pallets. Ability to load flats with proper product to be taken to the floor and hand stacked. (any and all departments).
- Maintain proper temperature checks on all "hot" foods in the prepared foods department. Set up and maintain prepared foods and display case with fresh items, and ability to set up and maintain salad bar.
- Receive and process all Direct Store Delivery vendor products according to company policies.
Maintain a clean an organized and clutter free backroom/receiving area operation.
Ensure that Direct Store Delivery vendors are delivering product to the receiving area during the established delivery times and schedules and that the number of vendors in the backroom at one time doesn't exceed proper levels.
Maintain a safe/secure environment in the receiving area by adhering to the company's prescribed safety methods.
Ensure that Direct Store Delivery vendors following the established policies with regards to accuracy, safety and security according to Company standards.
Ensure that vendor returns are documented on the proper forms and that established return procedures are followed.
- Complete and maintain proper signature logs for Direct Store Delivery vendors/deliveries.
Follow established procedures with regards to unauthorized or damaged product from DSD vendors.
Maintain proper documentation and reporting for any and all pricing discrepancies and vendor compliance violations with occur with Direct Store Delivery vendors or products.
Manage immediate area outside of receiving room to ensure that there are no obstructions to the receiving of deliveries in an efficient time and manner.
Maintain necessary equipment for receiving purposes (power jacks, DEX, DSD system) perform regular checks and maintenance and promptly report any problems for correction/repairs.
Make bales by operating paper baler.
Dispose of trash by using automatic compactor.
Organize flats/backroom for evening crew.
- Record time worked according to Smart track policy and procedure.
- Fill in for the Fresh departments when needed fulfilling the following responsibilities:
- Taking customer orders for later purchase in person or over the phone by writing down the order indicating product desired and date to be picked up.
- Make Fresh product in fresh departments when needed.
Finishing product as necessary in all fresh departments ( slice/ write on cakes etc.).
- Document and record all known loss for Fresh departments.
- Responsible for controlling some expense within a department.
- No High School diploma required
- 0 to 6 months
- Positive attitude desired
- At least 18 years of age
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Cold Prep Rooms
- Extreme Outdoor temperatures
- Hot Ovens
- Inclement weather (hot/cold, snowy, rainy)
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Adding Machine
- Fountain Machines
- Floor Blower
- Fuel Pumps
- Ice Coffee Machine
- Ice Machine
- Bag in box machine
- Merry Chef (Oven)
- Motorola Hand Held Gun (Receiving)
- Panini Grill
- Power Washer
- Shrink Wrap Machine
- Smoothie Machine
- Stand-up Lotto Machine
- Texlon Ordering Machine
- Watchguard Detergent Dispenser
- Coffee Brewer
- Coffee Grinder
- Conventional Oven
- Creamer Machine
- Cappuccino Machine
- Cardboard Baler
- Cash Register
- Coffee Brewer
- Coffee Grinder
- Coin Safe
- Crisping Sink
- Deposit Safe
- Drive Thru
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Kiosk Terminal
- Manual Wrapper
- Ordering Machine
- Plastic Baler
- Power jacks
- Pressure Washer
- Price Gun
- Receiving Gun
- Safety Cutter
- Scale Labeler
- Stanley Doors
- Steam Machine
- Trash compactor
- Veeter Root