Group Home Financial Specialist
Primary Location: United States-NV-NVLas Vegas
REM Nevada is seeking a Client Financial Specialist applies accepted accounting procedures to the monitoring, maintaining and reporting of client financial transactions to ensure individual finances are managed effectively and appropriately, and that financial records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and company guidelines.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains individual (consumer) financial records including financial reports, bank statements, budgets, and benefit reporting, and ensures that financial records are complete and accurate.
- Conducts monthly reviews and completes financial statements for individuals by request. Ensures individual client finances are managed effectively and appropriately.
- Ensures individual total assets remain within the designated maximum amount to maintain Medicaid and other funding benefits.
- Pays individual bills (e.g.: rent, electricity, water, gas, garbage, cable, co-pays on medical and medication, etc) on or before assigned due dates.
- Coordinates financial services for new individuals and all individuals leaving services.
- Completes application for, report changes to, and coordinates benefit information for each individual as necessary (Social Security Benefits, Public Financial Assistance, Food Stamps, Rent Subsidy, etc). Sends paycheck earning information to Social Security as needed.
- Dispenses each individual’s routine expense and personal spending money as deemed by the individual’s money management plan.
What we ask of you:
- Associate’s Degree in accounting or business and one year accounting experience or Bachelor’s Degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.
- Valid Nevada driver’s license in good standing
- Successful clearance of background checks
What we offer you:
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Full compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Paid Time Off & Holiday pay
- Full time, Part time, and As Needed schedules available
- An opportunity to build lasting relationships with your co-workers and the people we serve
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Employee discounts
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
- Free training, career development, and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. REM Nevada is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services. With ~30,000 employees serving ~26,000 consumers in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!