External Job Posting
Leads analyst teams’ collaboration with merchandising to understand and influence all levers to improve category and product margin. Drives strategic growth plans, timelines, process, vendor negotiations and relationships across all categories. Drives various merchandising and analytics activities that will involve collaborating with business units, as well as suppliers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manages Growth and Profitability
• Develops strategies to minimize cost and maximize allowances to improve adjusted gross margin via strategic sourcing, negotiations, and analytics.
• Oversees growth and profitability training courses.
• Drives strategic growth & profitability vision.
• Develops negotiation strategies through category level assortment analysis for strategic vendors.
• Monitors appropriate audit trails for internal audit and performance management purposes.
Oversees Merchandise Process Execution
• Drives the merchandising process strategy within all GMAs.
• Oversees the development of reporting and metrics.
Supports Relationship Management and Process Improvement
• Expert on strategy and communicates across business units and merchandise categories
• Develops teammates to be successful at vendor management and organizational effectiveness.
• Guides merchant partners on appropriate contract management, vendor performance management/ score carding approaches and negotiations processes
• Manages a team of growth and profitability analysts to improve category and product margin.
• Provides ongoing development opportunities for team through stretch projects and cross-functional experiences.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
• College graduate BS/BA degree or equivalent business experience
• 5 – 7 years retail experience in retail operations, buying or inventory management preferred
• Proficiency in use of desktop applications and windows-based programs particularly Excel, PowerPoint, & Word
• Strong math and analytical skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to clearly communicate with all levels of the organization and vendors
• Ability to present ideas to various levels of leadership
• Ability to adapt to changing business needs
• Ability to think strategically
• Exceptional attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
• Strong problem solving skills with ability to work proactively to resolve issues
• Strong command of vendor performance management with keen understanding of relevant cost drivers
• Strong negotiation skills
• Experience with developing and implementing successful cost saving initiatives
• Familiarity with Shopko merchandising and replenishment systems and processes desired
We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express.
At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts.
Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package!
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.