Guest registration, checkout, collect and secure payment and provide property information to the guests.
- Follow established front desk procedures in carrying out of duties.
- Register guests in a courteous, prompt and efficient manner.
- Follow Xanterra security policies and procedures in the handling and divulging of all company and guest information.
- Handle guest accounts properly including posting of charges, and collection of payment.
- Maintain strict guest security in controlling keys and issuing keys.
- Do shift duties as directed by supervisor.
- Provide property and park information to guests both voluntarily and on request.
- Handle guest complaints to the degree possible, and involve the supervisor in the handling of guest complaints as necessary.
- Work closely with Unit Housekeeping department to keep room status up to date.
- Work with Bell staff to assist guests as needed.
- Maintain bank with accuracy and security. Follow all shift end procedures regarding proper bank balancing and deposits.
- Use all company property in a work-related capacity, i.e. telephones and computers.
- Adhere to all Xanterra South Rim and NPS lost and found procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous public contact work experience.
- Ability to professionally and courteously interact with a broad cross-section of diverse guests.
- Experience with computers and Windows type software.
- Ability to properly handle and secure cash and credit cards.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Qualified candidates will be required to achieve a successful score on a test regarding customer service and math skills.
Low-cost in-park housing provided. Discounted meals; Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available; 401K; Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Woman/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.