H&R Block is looking for a talented Product Manager to join the Digital Tax team. This person will be responsible for delivering an outstanding experience for consumers using our H&R Block online and desktop software do-it-yourself (DIY) tax products.
As a Product Manager on the Digital team, you will be accountable for:
- Being the heart, mind and voice of the DIY tax preparation consumer.
- Working with the Lead Product Manager to define product enhancements to tax topics and other product functional areas as assigned.
- Creating and ensuring delivery of consumer-facing product interaction and implementation requirements to meet specific consumer needs.
- Ensuring client satisfaction goals are met or exceeded.
- Establishing and nurturing relationships with consumers, as well as internal product sponsors, stakeholders, and cross-functional team members.
- Product results that are in alignment with business objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Relentless in the pursuit of creating an outstanding tax preparation experience that delights and amazes out clients.
- Own overall responsibility for the success of assigned projects.
- Understand business goals and client research and data to create hypothesis and define requirements for solving client pain points.
- Take an iterative approach to creating a DIY tax experience that is focused on simplifying complex tax topics for ease of use.
- Collaborate effectively with designers, researchers, software engineers, QA, customer support, and product management peers to create deliverables to meet product objectives.
- Have ability to discuss technical issues at a high-level with engineering and understand design implementation and impact.
- Identify and track key success metrics (ex: usage and fallout by tax topic, Net Promoter Score) against product goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area, or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Three to five years experience in product or account management for web-based applications with products/service. The ideal candidate will have experience managing consumer-facing products in the software industry.
- Passion for solving problems for customers and their tax preparation needs.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Very detail oriented.
- High-energy, “can do” style that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated decision-making, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Effective written and oral presentation and facilitation skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of internal associates and business partners to influence a wide range of audiences.
- Effective in a matrix-management environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and product planning tools.
- Tax or financial background
- Technical background or experience building products and features that rely on one or two-way data communication with 3rd party systems
- Experience or understanding of financial technologies (fintech)
- Experience with OCR and intelligent content extraction technologies