Primary Location: United States-WV-WVBenwood
REM West Virginia
Are you a “Mr. or Ms. Fixit” looking for full-time hours with benefits? Come use your maintenance and facilities skills to help support our mission!
As a Handyman/Maintenance Worker with REM WV, you will maintain property/facilities services within the state of West Virginia.
Ensure that all grounds and equipment are in good working order to ensure a safe, attractive and enjoyable living and working environment for the individuals we serve. This position is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
- Oversee ongoing preventative maintenance of 11 offices across West Virginia
- Plan and schedule work assignments to accomplish workload with available resources and equipment. Coordinate with outside contractors to ensure quality of work delivered. Analyze and resolve complaints pertaining to services, and equipment in area of responsibility.
- Communicate departmental procedures for maintenance and operation of buildings. Maintain the building and grounds in compliance with Federal, State, and local laws.
- Repair and maintain kitchen, housekeeping, and other mechanical equipment, including heating and air conditioning units, electrical and plumbing fixtures, painting and laundry equipment.
- Plan and direct inventory control program for equipment, parts and supplies. Oversee the establishment of accounts with material vendors. Order and maintain necessary maintenance supplies.
- Maintain appliance motors, room exhaust fans, pumps and miscellaneous equipment on a monthly basis or as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Work with building inspectors, fire marshal, and vendors. Maintain fire alarm system, including smoke and heat detectors, and fire pull. Assist with safety and disaster plans as appropriate.
- Maintain operational records, data, and monitor and enforce observance of safety regulations.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
If you have experience and a passion for those we serve… we want to hear from you!
· What we require of you:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge and ability to handle a range of maintenance needs, tools, and equipment
- Two years related work experience preferred
- Valid Driver's License
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently, and must be dependable and punctual
- Competitive pay & Benefits
- Paid Holidays; Paid time off
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- On-the-job training
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
We have a dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next; you’ll have variety and independence in your workday and the rewards of contributing to a meaningful mission.
The MENTOR Network is
a national network of local human service providers offering quality,
community-based services. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 30,000+ individuals
in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you
join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide
quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!