Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states.
The Program Manager manages Direct Support Professionals to ensure best practices and technology are used to teach people with developmental disabilities how to acquire the physical, intellectual, emotional and social skills needed to live as independently as possible. This individual must be able to handle the pressure of training in a public environment, exercise patience, work with flexible schedule, and respond to crisis situations.
- Supervise a team of Direct Support Professionals responsible for the care of people with developmental disabilities. Promote a culture of teamwork and collaboratively support your team with problem-solving and conflict resolution. Ensure compliance with work objectives and applicable regulations.
- Interview, hire and manage the performance of your team. Manage performance review processes, complete staff evaluations, and address performance issues through coaching, counseling, and disciplinary action. Complete all required Human Resources documentation.
- Manage overall operation of homes on respective caseload including, but not limited to, programmatic delivery, physical plant, health & safety for individuals and quality of supports.
- Monitor and maintain residential budget.
- Monitor and schedule required staff trainings, seminars, and conferences.
- Monitor fiscal, medical, personal and IHP documentation to ensure accuracy.
- Monitor and schedule house and vehicle maintenance.
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring of consumers finances.
- Monitor and report health and medical needs of consumers.
- Build a support network between the consumers and community members.
- Prepare progress reports.
- Serve as an active member of each person’s Inter-Disciplinary Team (IDT), which includes involvement in Individual Habilitation Plan development.
- Submit monthly written reports to the appropriate consumers outlining operational status, progress, and concerns.
- May perform the duties of Direct Support Professional as necessary, in accordance with current staffing needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred
Knowledge and understanding of local regulatory agency operations.
Understanding and commitment to community based support for persons with disabilities.
Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
Excellent time management skills.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Hours and weekly schedule dictated by current tasks, to include evening and weekend hours as required.
- On call 24 hours a day, in cooperation with other management staff.
- Frequent lifting, stretching and other physical exertion during positioning of consumer’s or equipment.
- May transport participants in own vehicle.
- May occasionally assist with wheelchair transfer of non-ambulatory consumers.
- May be exposed to various medical conditions and communicable diseases.
- Work will take place in the community and in the homes.
What We Offer:
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Career/Professional Growth Opportunities including Community Options Leadership Academy Program
- 403b with Employer Match
- Comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options
- Various Employee Discount Programs
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: Resumes-AU@comop.org
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer