At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Asset Management, a division of Wells Fargo Wealth and Investment Management, strives to help clients achieve their financial goals through top-tier investment options managed by specialized investment teams that are supported by independent risk management and backed by superior, collaborative service. With more than $504 billion in assets under management as of January 12, 2018, Wells Fargo Asset Management has 29 autonomous investment teams with specialized expertise and proven processes, more than 500 investment professionals, and a global reach with offices and clients around the world.
The Head of Advisory Solutions at Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) will work to increase the adoption of the firm’s investment strategies across Intermediary, Private Bank and RIA platforms by establishing, managing and expanding a business of providing unique and fully supported solutions to these clients.
- Innovate - Lead overall vision for creating and evolving unique advisory solutions across investment products, vehicles (SMAs, mutual funds, CITs etc), portfolio management, sales support, and communication strategies to advisors.
- Strategic - Drive the adoption of these unique offerings, establishing a solutions oriented brand inside and out of Wells Fargo. Provide deep domain knowledge expertise both internally and externally. Keep internal and external business partners and clients updated on general industry trends impacting advisory business. Create relevant thought leadership. Partner closely with internal distribution partners.
- Collaborative - Cultivate and support strong client relationships working directly with the industry’s most influential professional buyers and consultants. Build relationships with internal sales team to represent their interests.
- Use technology to innovate and create a seamless and effective interface, also leveraging the breadth of Wells Fargo capabilities to grow our business.
The ideal candidate will have deep product knowledge as well as experience in distribution channels. The position may reside in one of Wells Fargo Asset Management home office locations including Boston, San Francisco, Charlotte or Menomonee Falls Wisconsin.Required Qualifications
- Successfully completed FINRA Series 7 and 63 (or 66) exams to qualify for immediate registration (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- 8+ years of investment management experience
- 10+ years of institutional investment management experience
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or demonstrated progress toward the designation
- Experience in asset management and solid understanding of competitive landscape of brokerage industry
- Self-starter who thrives in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to connect and engage an audience, explaining complex concepts in simple fashion
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.