At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) strives to help our clients achieve their financial goals through top-tier investment solutions managed by specialized investment teams and backed by superior, collaborative service. Over 29 autonomous investment teams with specialized expertise and proven processes with over 1,300 dedicated team members, including more than 500 investment professionals, and a global reach with offices and clients around the world.
We provide clients with a broad array of investment options across all major asset classes, including actively managed equity, fixed-income, liquidity, stable value, and alternative investments. Investment strategies are accessible through a variety of product structures, including institutional separate accounts, retail separately managed accounts, mutual funds (open-end, closed-end, variable trust), private funds (hedge funds, commingled investment vehicles, medium term note programs), and Luxembourg-domiciled funds (UCITS).
To underscore this importance, WFAM has created a new role called the Head of Consultant Relations and Strategy/North America. This leader will have responsibility for the U.S. Consultant Relations team, field consultant coordination, consultant strategy, and strategic relationship engagement. This new position and strategic focus builds on the strength of the Consultant Relations team—especially with consultant research—and provides significant additional resources to coordinate focused field consultant engagement, consultant strategy thought pieces/white papers, events, and a focus on developing C-Suite level relationships and strategic dialogue with key consultants.
Team oversight, to include:
- Understanding and directing top priorities of WFAM across the consultants
- Aligning the team to ensure team members are aligned to the right opportunities based upon relationships/tenure/experience and consultant/client needs
- Building out the strategic overlay for consultants and the field consultant strategy/coordination team
- Coaching and feedback for the team
- Possible C-suite level strategic relationship responsibility depending on experience and connectivity of the candidate
Business metrics will be focused on:
- Increased upgrades to favorable status across consultants
- Increased connectivity with field consultants tied to clients and consultants
- Net new revenue goals
- Sales / Meeting activity, including C-suite level connectivity to firms
- Will be required to closely coordination and joint reporting with the head of Platform Distribution to ensure consistent strategy and delivery of all manager research platform efforts including broker/dealer and complex financial institutions
- Will be closely coordinated with the non-US consultant relations team
- Will involve regular interaction with investment teams and WFAM Distribution partner teams
- Will have regular interaction with leaders across WFAM
- Will be working with business partners in other channels (IRT, Bank)
- Team covers a universe of approximately 135 consulting firms
San Francisco is the preferred location.Desired Qualifications
- A Master's degree or higher
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to create and deliver dynamic presentations
- 5-10 years consultant relations experience
- 5-10 years’ experience in managing and leading a team
- Extensive knowledge of the asset management industry, trends, as well as products and solutions
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the competitive landscape, and how to position the benefits and key differences of our offerings
- Ability to lead, and work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to partner and build relationships across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are vitally important
- Keen analytical skills including: synthesizing, organizing and evaluating data in support of core business analytics/special requests
- Strategic vision and execution capabilities
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the institutional investment consultant industry
- Experience driving for results, applying a sense of urgency, and bringing issues to closure in a decisive manner despite obstacles and opposition
- Ability to work with at the C-suite/executive level management of these consultant institutions
This role will report into the head of Principal Partnerships
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.