At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Risk and Finance CIO organization provides technology to several lines of businesses including Risk, Compliance, Finance, Audit and Legal with a combined technology spend in excess of $500+MM annually and is a 1100+ person global organization.
This role will be responsible for the technology strategy, development, execution and delivery covering Wells Fargo’s Finance Controllers organization applications, tools and services. The Controllers’ organization is responsible for the General Ledger of Wells Fargo, Supply Chain Management, Tax, Regulatory reporting and all company-wide finance controller functions. These functions are spread out throughout the US with Charlotte, San Francisco, Minneapolis, Phoenix, and Des Moines as the primary locations.
This is a senior role reporting directly to the CIO of Risk and Finance organization. This person will be responsible for technology strategy and delivery of all technology required to support the Controllers organization.
In this role you will partner with executives and senior leaders in both Enterprise Information Technology and the Controller organization to devise technology strategies. You will be responsible for executing against the strategy in close partnership with other CTO’s in the immediate organization as well as across the ECIO organization. You will also be responsible for the day to day operations of existing General Ledger, Supply Chain management platforms.
Critical success factors include the ability to lead effectively in a matrixed organization, developing partnerships with many business and functional areas, and having a strong execution and delivery, Relationship management and influencing skills. A successful candidate will be able to build strong partnerships with the business and other areas in EIT take initiative to discover and resolve problems, operate with ease in partially defined and competing needs and be comfortable interfacing with team members at all levels within the organization.
In addition this role will also have the following responsibilities:
- Senior level responsibility for defining, planning, developing and implementing/consulting on major IT strategies, processes, or on-going programs with broad cross technology impact.
- Provides thought-leadership and applies area of expertise to technology matters to develop programs that are effective and efficient and to build support for the strategies with senior leadership across the technology organizations and/or client lines of business.
- Utilizes sophisticated research and analysis in addition to in-depth understanding of organizational goals/priorities and technology to develop executable strategies and plans.
- Responsible for resource planning, management, and personnel development. Performance reviews, individual development plans, and one-on-one meetings with the team members are conducted for improving employee engagement and development.
- Provides guidance to applications analysis/programming management in the definition of information system objectives.
- Responsible for the development of design and quality control standards and ensures compliance.
- Ensures alignment of business strategy with IT strategy and assesses impact of emerging technology to strategic business needs.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 12+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of management experience in technology
- 10+ years of management experience
- Experience managing all application development efforts within a medium-size line of business
- Experience effectively interacting with a variety of contacts, primarily with others at the executive level
- Experience managing geographically diverse teams including both multiple domestic and off-shore locations
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 10+ years of management experience in a large financial institution
- 5+ years of finance technology experience
- Experience with regulatory requirements in supporting Finance Organizations in financial institutions
- Experience managing large or multiple technology development efforts within Finance line of business in a large financial institution
- Knowledge and understanding of Supply chain management technology
- Wells Fargo technology management experience
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.