At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Complaints Management Office
Wells Fargo is in the process of implementing an enterprise wide, fully integrated target operating model aligned to the Wells Fargo Complaint Management Policy. The functions created by this effort work closely with second line of defense to define and determine the risk management practices that will need to align with the 1st line of defense needs. The final targeted operating model must meet the requirements outlined in the Federal Reserve and the OCC consent orders.
Enterprise Complaints Data, Analytics and Reporting (CDAR)
The Enterprise Complaints Management Office has recently established the CDAR organization, which is responsible for providing deep analysis of complaints and insights into customer frustration. CDAR has a broad customer-focused scope and is a consolidation of relevant analytics across the company. The organization was created to enable the development of consistent insights and analytical tools with effectiveness and efficiency throughout Wells Fargo. CDAR’s focus is on using analytical approaches to find insights into ways Wells Fargo can better serve its customers. CDAR then partners with business, technology, operational and customer experience leaders across the company to develop relevant advanced analytical and technological capabilities and implements them into operations. The organization is also responsible for Enterprise Speech Analytics, Voice of Customer Analytics, and Complaints Reporting and Analytics throughout Wells Fargo.
The Role and the Team
The Head of Data Listening, Controls and Support is a new role on the CDAR organization’s senior leadership team reporting to the head of CDAR.
This executive role will lead a CDAR organization responsible for assisting with development, implementation and controls related to models and analytically-driven processes developed by the CDAR team. These model processes are a mix of proprietary, open source and vendor platforms used to analyze customer and team member text, speech, and transactional data through supervised and unsupervised analytical solutions, e.g. Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML).
The Head of Data Listening, Controls and Support will be responsible for leading an enterprise organization comprised of the following teams:
- A team of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) highly trained and aligned on the customer frustration, complaints, business insights, lexicons and drivers. This team performs the following:
- Conduct reviews and testing of data for the purposes of training and quality control testing of AI, ML and other models
- Research and categorize data as needed by CDAR and business partners
- Provide additional clarity on emerging trends and other cohorts identified by analytical models
- Advanced Analytics development, control and governance support team. This team of data scientists performs the following:
- Support research and development of advanced modeling techniques across CDAR
- Lead development and execution of CDAR analytics governance program
- Liaison with the First line Model Control and Corporate Model Risk Governance (CMoR) groups
- Own model development and governance documentation
- Oversee analytic assumption and parameter validation and testing
- Forensic / Deal review and call calibration SME team. This team performs the following:
- Support CDAR product / business teams and business partners on performing operational research and deep dive analysis on small populations to better understand impacts to customers, trends and design to inform leadership of opportunities
- Partner with the Customer Experience and Complaint community to support calibration sessions using the call recording, email and text information to drive consistent understanding of customer and frontline customer facing team experience
- Confidential investigations as needed (e.g., research a specific an issue/concern)
The successful candidate will have substantial experience leading development and/or implementation of business improvement, technology or analytical initiatives; and driving complex projects design and execution. The leader will have proven success leading organizations responsible for risk or control monitoring and research activities (e.g. operational research, event identification, root cause analysis, risk classification, etc.), and leading team members with diverse skills (including technical skills) in a variety of capacities. The successful candidate will have extensive experience managing teams under tight timelines and deliverables with exceptional quality and customer service. Successful candidates will be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability; they will have strong interpersonal effectiveness as they will interface and present to members of senior leadership, including risk or oversight groups across Wells Fargo.
Location: Any US location within the Wells Fargo Footprint
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 10+ years of experience in one or more of the following functional areas: business process, quality assurance, strategic planning, or project management
- 8+ years of management experience
Demonstrated experience in the following:
- Leading specialized teams across interdisciplinary functions, including experience managing in one or more of the following areas: analytics, audit, risk, or consulting
- Managing multiple, non-production business functional areas of significant size, scope and/or impact
- Implementation of new strategies, policies and/or processes to support implementation of analytics or technology capabilities
- Implementation and execution of one or more of the following: quality control, auditing, or monitoring programs; or model control; or ML / AI implementation
- Managing effectively in large matrixed organizations through developing partnerships with numerous business and functional areas
- Identifying and using trends to develop a point of view on opportunities or gaps in business processes
- Establishing desired future state vision through strategy and vision; gaining consensus across key functional leaders; designing and executing the vision and objectives; influencing individual and group goals based on real time observations and insights
- Leveraging strong communication, partnership, collaboration, and team facilitation skills to facilitate consensus building and results
- Experience developing and executing organizational procedures, operations against applicable compliance rules and regulations
- Using creative techniques to solve problems to achieve successful results and presenting complex ideas in simple ways to all levels of staff and management.
- Exercising independent judgment, manage and drive effective teams
- Emerging industry trends, especially digital, analytical and technological trends; and capability to translate this knowledge into practical projects and results
Beyond experience, the right personal style and attitude are critical to success in this role. This individual will be recognized as:
- Strong communicator and the ability to know the audience and deliver the right message to Senior Leaders
- Strategic Leader who creates and achieves a desired future state [vision] through influencing individuals and groups
- Results oriented with outstanding ability to motivate teams and mobilize the resources to accomplish objectives
- A true team player and collaborator, translating prior knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally
- Having organizational awareness – Having and using knowledge of systems, situations, pressures, and culture within the company to identify potential organizational problems and opportunities; perceiving the impact and the implications of decisions on other components of the company as well as the impact on investors, customers, and clients
- A respected business partner who adds value to the broader team
- A strong and effective manager and leader, capable of attracting, mentoring, retaining and promoting talented and productive staff
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.