At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Complaints Management Office
Wells Fargo is in the process of implementing an enterprise wide, fully integrated target operating model aligned to the Wells Fargo Complaint Management Policy. The functions created by this effort work closely with second line of defense to define and determine the risk management practices that will need to align with the 1st line of defense needs. The final targeted operating model must meet the requirements outlined in the Federal Reserve and the OCC consent orders.
Enterprise Complaints Data, Analytics and Reporting (CDAR)
The Enterprise Complaints Management Office has recently established the CDAR organization, which is responsible for providing deep analysis of complaints and insights into customer frustration. CDAR has a broad customer-focused scope and is a consolidation of relevant analytics across the company. The organization was created to enable the development of consistent insights and analytical tools with effectiveness and efficiency throughout Wells Fargo. CDAR’s focus is on using analytical approaches to find insights into ways Wells Fargo can better serve its customers. CDAR then partners with business, technology, operational and customer experience leaders across the company to develop relevant advanced analytical and technological capabilities and implements them into operations. The organization is also responsible for Enterprise Speech Analytics, Voice of Customer Analytics, and Complaints Reporting and Analytics throughout Wells Fargo.
The Role and the Team
The Head of Enterprise Voice of Customer (VOC) Analytics and Insights is a new role on the CDAR senior leadership team.
This executive role will lead a CDAR organization responsible for assisting with development, implementation and controls related to models and analytically-driven processes developed by the CDAR team. These processes are a mix of proprietary, open source and vendor platforms used to analyze customer and team member text, speech, and transactional data through supervised and unsupervised analytical solutions, e.g. Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML).
The Head of Voice of VOC Analytics & Insights will report to the Head of CDAR and lead an organization accountable for developing, operationalizing, and managing AI-based analytical monitoring processes over the Company’s Voice of Customer data from all engagement channels, e.g. Text, Speech, Surveys, etc.
Specifically, the leaders will be accountable for:
- Consistently and objectively detecting and routing complaints, allegations and indications of customer frustration
- Systematically identifying business insights in communications for customer experience improvement opportunities
- Combining and analyzing primary and secondary VOC data to truly understand the customer
- Detecting emerging VOC trends
- Developing and overseeing the enterprise’s VOC lexicon for consistent customer centric analytics and incorporation into the CDAR reporting processes
- Performing ad hoc requests into business insights leveraging VOC data and customer centric view
- Analyzing and developing recommendations to improve outbound customer engagement
- Developing and/or enhancing speech classification and capabilities
- Supporting other Enterprise platform integration efforts, e.g. survey, to expand customer centric analysis
- Developing and executing analytic and ML techniques to prepare data for analysis
- Supporting prioritization of VOC and CX data initiative roadmaps
The candidate will have a track record of successfully developing and managing VOC analytic related initiatives using AI, ML or comparable techniques. The leader will have substantial experience working with primary VOC data, developing analysis of VOC data, and driving complex enterprise initiatives into the business. The candidate will have experience managing teams under tight timelines and meeting deliverables with exceptional quality and customer service. Successful candidates will have demonstrated the ability to connect analytical results to business operations to make insights actionable. He/she will be articulate, possess proven leadership capability and strong interpersonal effectiveness as they will interface and present to members of senior leadership, including risk and oversight groups across Wells Fargo.
Location: Any US location within Wells Fargo Footprint
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 10+ years of experience in one or more of the following functional areas: business process, quality assurance, strategic planning, or project management
- 8+ years of management experience
Demonstrated leadership experience in the following:
- Leading one or more of the following: data science or insights teams; business analytics; speech analytics; data and analytical disciplines of consulting
- Evaluating, recommending and implementing analytical strategies using technical resources to predict, improve and measure the success of business fundamentals and new initiatives linked to business outcomes
- Managing and/or leading the development of VOC data-type analysis, e.g. unstructured emails, SMS text, notes, etc.; survey data; IVR data; use of speech analytics platforms, etc.
- Researching and engineering analytics with insights into operational processes
- Building consistent data and analytical infrastructure and related distribution tools and processes
- Emerging trends in the industry, especially around analysis of VOC data formats and the ability to translate knowledge into new capabilities
- Implementation of ML, AI, speech, IVR analytics, and/or analytical processes with exposure to a high degree of governance
- Managing effectively in a matrixed organization
- Presenting complex ideas in simple ways to all levels of staff management
- Using creative techniques to improve process
- Exercising independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques
- Championing change, innovation and collaborates with others on continuous improvements
- Leveraging strong communication, partnership, collaboration, and teaming skills to facilitate consensus building and results
- Developing analysis leveraged to enable better business decisions
- Managing multiple, non-production business functional areas of significant size, scope and/or financial impact
- Development and implementation of long-term strategies, policies and process advancements
Beyond experience, the right personal style and attitude are critical to success in this role. This individual will be recognized as:
- Strong communicator and the ability to know the audience and deliver the right message to Senior Leaders
- Strategic Leader who creates and achieves a desired future state [vision] through influencing individuals and groups
- Results oriented with outstanding ability to motivate teams and mobilize the resources to accomplish objectives
- A true team player and collaborator, translating prior knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally
- Having organizational awareness – Having and using knowledge of systems, situations, pressures, and culture within the company to identify potential organizational problems and opportunities; perceiving the impact and the implications of decisions on other components of the company as well as the impact on investors, customers, and clients
- A respected business partner who adds value to the broader team
- A strong and effective manager and leader, capable of attracting, mentoring, retaining and promoting talented and productive staff
- An impeccable reputation for integrity, accuracy, consistency, big picture orientation and business acumen
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, driven and performance-oriented; possesses a strong work ethic
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.