At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Equity Division is seeking an experienced Senior Sales Trading Manager for various equity products including cash and derivatives.
The Equity Division is seeking an experienced Senior Sales Trading Manager for various equity products including cash and derivatives. The candidate should have an established book of accounts and will be expected to call on, expand and manage the various client bases in the institutional and middle markets space. This includes but is not limited to hedge funds, money managers, pension plans, endowments, etc. Candidate must possess a deep understanding of sales and trading of all equity products and respective hedging instruments in both equity and non-equity markets. The candidate must demonstrate a strong understanding of evolving relevant market structures and have the ability to manage through an ever-changing equity trading environment. This person should be experienced in risk management, market making and customer execution as well as generate ideas and interact with customers in our trading business. This candidate will be required to cross sell across various equity products including equity research, transactional flow, financing businesses and other strategic product platforms to multiple client bases. The candidate should maintain a strong background in electronic trading in both the cash and derivative space. The candidate must have experience in successfully developing new growth and product opportunities in a highly challenging regulatory environment.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
This position is subject to Dodd-Frank Background Screening Requirements, including successful completion and clearing of a background screen. Applicants are subject to a new screen to comply with Title VII of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act which states that Associated Persons (AP) cannot be subject to statutory disqualification. Under industry regulations, an AP is defined as a team member who solicits or accepts client orders for swaps. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and are required to report certain incidents.
- 10+ years of experience in capital markets, industry experience within the specific sector of the position, or a combination of both
- 7+ years of management experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- FINRA registration including Series 7 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- FINRA registration including Series 24 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- FINRA registration including Series 63 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- FINRA registration including Series 4 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Candidates should be highly motivated with a minimum of fifteen years' sales management experience
- MBA, Masters/PhD in a related field and/or CFA is a plus
- Candidates must be an energetic self-starter who is detail oriented while possessing excellent communication and management skills
- Candidate will be required to have a team-oriented mindset and work in close partnership with the various sales and trading teams and relevant support partners
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.