At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Join the Enterprise Technology team supporting Wells Fargo Asset Management to provide leadership to our quantitiative portfolio management teams in application development and support teams. You will be working in an environment where code quality, security, and nimbleness are of utmost importance. Your role will be to oversee application development, business system integration, and application design throughout all phases of the SDLC. With your experience, you will help to continuously improve current processes, instill and coach software craftsmanship, and recommend/implement changes to the current application development environment. .
The chosen candidate for this role will:
- Provide oversight and coordination for effective and timely resolution of technology related issues across business functions implemented for our Quantitative Strategies investment team.
- Manage a technology work unit that impact organization-wide objectives.
- Act as the highest-level internal consultant within technology and business groups by re-engineering technical processes for greater efficiencies with significant impact to the Quantitative Strategies investment team.
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of a variety of factors. Makes timely decisions by including all the needed groups. Makes decisions that include options, thinking of the big picture. Determines the impacts and provides broad decision making. Effectively uses technical and business skills
- Frequently interact with direct reports, business partners, functional peer group managers, and senior management.
- Build great business relationships. Partners to accomplish mission critical initiatives.
- Deliver results by using thorough planning and organization skills. Sets clear goals and vision that link to business results. Effectively communicates progress of results to all the groups. Commits to quality, timeliness, and budget. Holds team members accountable for their results.
- Drive for results, conveying a sense of urgency and bringing issues to closure despite obstacles and opposition.
- Demonstrate outstanding flexibility, teamwork and leadership.
- Demonstrate sound decision making which reflects an understanding of the firm’s business and its priorities
- 8+ years of investment industry experience
- 8 + years of direct report management experience including, but not limited to, assigning tasks, conducting performance evaluations and determining salary adjustments
- 10+ years of technology experience
- 5+ years of management experience in an IT environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or the equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of technology related experience, including 7+ years managing teams that supported investment process
- Prior experience with Investment management business functions and related software applications and tools.
- Exposure to Quantitative Asset Management process.
- Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to organize around issues quickly.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Proven communication skills, oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to develop people and build high performing and collaborative teams.
- Working technical knowledge of real-time and batch distributed technologies.
- Business knowledge of financial services with an emphasis on asset management industry.
- Vendor management experience
- Exposure to Quantititve modelling tools like Sas, R, Python
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.