Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) is a leading provider of global investment solutions for retail and institutional clients. With more than US$500 billion in assets under management, the WFAM team includes 1,300 dedicated professionals with offices and clients around the world.
The Head of Marketing is responsible for all Wells Fargo asset management marketing strategies and programs. This leader must have experience with complex, diverse and market-based businesses including multiple product lines and distribution channels. Deep knowledge of institutional and retail asset management client types will be critical to success in this role.
The Head of Marketing role is characterized by broad management responsibilities including a range of strategic marketing functions. Key performance measures include driving industry leading marketing initiatives to improve competitive position, penetration of target segments, revenue growth, profitability, customer acquisition and retention. A keen understanding of the investment management regulatory environment and a focus on risk are also key aspects of this role. Work is accomplished through senior marketing managers and other senior leaders on a daily basis.
The Head of Marketing will work with dedicated resources in centers of marketing excellence across Wells Fargo to operationalize and execute the asset management marketing strategy. Key centers of excellence include Integrated Marketing, Digital & Social Capabilities, Insights & Analytics.
In addition to serving as a senior asset management executive, this role will also play a critical marketing leadership role across Wells Fargo’s wealth and investment businesses including serving on the marketing executive committee for wealth and investments marketing.
- Defining and leading all marketing strategy for Wells Fargo Asset Management to improve competitive position, penetrate target segments, and deliver strong client experiences in service of revenue and growth objectives.
- Providing end-to-end marketing support for all retail and institutional client facing teams including consultant relations. Developing materials to support client cultivation and development efforts.
- Producing segment based marketing strategies for all retail and institutional client types.
- Developing marketing programs to acquire and deepen relationships across key client segments. Developing strategies to generate and track new wholesaler leads.
- Developing event strategies including identifying and preparing speakers, preparing materials, developing client lists.
- Providing businesses, channels, and functions with marketing metrics to measure and monitor success of programs including return on investment, impact on revenue goals, etc.
- Supporting asset management leaders in the development of new products and enhancing existing products to meet client needs.
- Building the Wells Fargo Asset Management brand while simultaneously enhancing Wells Fargo’s overall reputation as an investment house of choice.
- Partnering with Wells Fargo centers of marketing excellence to broaden digital and social media marketing programs.
- Partner with overseas distribution teams to drive the marketing strategy and execution plan for Wells Fargo Asset Management around the world including key markets in Europe and Asia-Pacific.
- Establishing and reinforcing marketing partnerships across Wells Fargo’s wealth and investments businesses to better serve client needs.
- Maintain strict adherence to regulatory guidelines for all marketing communications including proactive management of operational risk.
- Serving as a strong and effective manager and leader, capable of attracting, engaging, retaining and promoting top talent.
- 10+ years of marketing experience
- 8+ years of management experience
- 10+ years relevant industry experience including deep understanding of institutional and retail clients, investment industry dynamics, and marketplace trends.
- Leadership in marketing strategy, brand development, product marketing, program management, digital.
- Ability to align and prioritize marketing resources with segment-specific distribution teams to drive exceptional commercial results and client outcomes.
- Analytical understanding for how and when marketing is successful in driving positive business outcomes. Ability to use data to refine and improve marketing activities.
- Ability to help drive the digitization of the distribution experience.
- Change leader. Strong sense of urgency, proactive, and results oriented.
- Ability to collaborate and influence across lines of business at multiple levels.
- Ability to provide strategic counsel to partners and ability to connect “dots” across various and sometimes competing/ambiguous challenges.
- Proven people leader and manager skills – recognized for the ability to communicate a vision and motivate teams. Ability to lead in a diffused environment where partners, leaders, and staff may be in multiple locations.
- Experience maintaining rigorous standards to manage marketing operational risk.
Leadership and credibility will be determining factors in selection as well as a proven ability to influence broadly across the organization, create engagement and drive results. This executive will be articulate, possess a demonstrated leadership capability and have strong interpersonal effectiveness with an impeccable reputation for integrity, accuracy, consistency, big picture orientation and business acumen.Disclaimer
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.