- Assess, plan and implement care strategies that are individualized by patient and directed toward the most appropriate, lease restrictive level of care
- Identify and initiate referrals for social service programs; including financial, psychosocial, community and state supportive services
- Manage the care plan throughout the continuum of care as a single point of contact
- Communicate with all stakeholders the required health-related information to ensure quality coordinated care and services are provided expeditiously to all members
- Advocate for patients and families as needed to ensure the patient’s needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the health care team
Expect to spend about 80% of your time in the field visiting our members in their homes or in long-term care facilities. You’ll need to be flexible, adaptable and, above all, patient in all types of situations.
- HS Diploma
- 3+ years of experience working within the community health setting in a health care role
- Experience in long-term care, home health, hospice, public health or assisted living
- 2+ years of experience working with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- The ability to travel in assigned region to visit Medicaid members in their homes and/or other settings, including community centers, hospitals or providers' offices
- LPN/LVN, CNA, licensed social worker and/or behavioral health or clinical degree
- A background in managing populations with complex medical or behavioral needs
- At least 2 years of experience providing case management to persons who are elderly and/or persons with physical or developmental disabilities and have been determined to have a SMI
- Experience with electronic charting
- Experience with arranging community resources
- Prior field based work experience
- Experience working with the pediatric population
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: case manager, care coordinator, social work, long term care, home health, hospice, public health, assisted living, community health, SMI, behavioral health, geriatric, elderly, DD, bilingual, pediatric, Maricopa County, Phoenix, Mesa, Glendale, Scottsdale, Arizona, AZ, telecommute, telecommuting, telecommuter, remote