The Health Analytic Consultant provides consistent, effective, high-quality support to customer relationship owners as a critical enabler that positions UnitedHealth Group as a trusted advisor to its customers. This position will be supporting various markets and National Accounts.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyzing and interpreting various forms of utilization and healthcare data to identify potential areas for medical cost improvements via products, services and other market trends including ROI projections
- Creating a clear, compelling assessment of root causes and actionable/non-actionable contributing factors
- Participating in customer meetings as subject matter expert to present findings and recommendations to customers
- Quantifying value generated by historically implemented solutions
- Negotiating complex situations and sensitive situations with a win-win attitude
- Communicates information openly and in an articulate and professional manner
- Serves as a trusted advisor to internal and external customers on healthcare cost and quality topics
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience with data analysis, interpretation, synthesis and presentation for conveying results and recommendations to internal/external customers.
- Knowledgeable of healthcare cost and quality topics
- Knowledgeable and able to speak to emerging healthcare industry trends
- Strong computer skills particularly in Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data analysis, interpretation, health analytics, data consulting