Shift Days: Monday - Friday Shift Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Set your sights on a role making a real difference in the healthcare system. We’re looking for a self-motivated Health Information Analyst to join our team. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career.
The Health Information Analyst will be responsible maintaining the integrity of the master patient index and synchronizing data across multiple applications throughout the organization. They will also be responsible for performing tasks that support complete, accurate, and timely health information for use by patients, healthcare providers, management, and government / regulatory agencies.
Your day to day role will include:
- Retrieves medical records from medical units and balances daily ADT (Admit, Discharge, Transfer) locating all medical records.
- Preps the documents for scanning following department guidelines and quality/production standards.
- Batches medical records, retrieves loose reports, and prepares for scanning.
- Scans documents, produces daily productivity reports, performs daily maintenance of scanner, and maintains and labels scanned batches.
- Determines and assigns deficiencies per medical staff rules and regulations and regulatory guidelines on charts.
- Maintains confidentiality and sensitivity to patient and employee rights according to R1 policies.
- Quality reviews and uploads scanned documents to ensure the highest level of quality. Tracks improvement measures for future processes.
- Monitors and works system work lists as assigned by manager/supervisor.
- Collects information from parents to complete birth certificate and transmits to state. Abstracts information needed from medical record and completes paternity paperwork and education. Completes fetal death certificates. Provides necessary paperwork to state in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
- May provide necessary support and accountability to the Release of Information process.
- May provide necessary support and accountability to the error management process.
- May mentor or train other employees on processes and procedures.
- May be assigned system-wide training and troubleshooting responsibilities for HIM software.
- Supports department policies and procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- High attention to detail
- Good communication both written and verbal
- Experience in an office environment
- Health care setting or hospital experience highly desired
It would be great if you also have:
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) preferred
- At least three years of office related experience in a healthcare environment
- Graduate of a Health Information Management program
R1 is changing healthcare by infusing operational discipline and proprietary technology in hospital financial processes. We are an industry leader; we are the only independent organization with a comprehensive service and technology offering for hospital revenue cycle management, and we have achieved leading outcomes for our customers.
- A strong financial performing, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance.
- A culture of excellence, driving customer success so they can focus on improving patient care and on giving back to the community.
- A Total Rewards package which may include such things as: competitive compensation package, the ability to choose from a comprehensive benefit program mostly funded by R1 that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, life and disability insurance, along with work life balance programs including paid time off for personal time, illness and volunteering, and we offer a retirement savings plan and continuing training and development and so much more!
Sound like you? Let’s talk!
R1 is a leading provider of revenue cycle management services and Physician Advisory Services to healthcare providers. We are the largest independent end-to-end revenue cycle provider and have the longest operating history in the revenue cycle industry. R1’s objective is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our distinctive operating model and values includes people, processes, and sophisticated integrated technology/analytics that help customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians, and staff. We are dedicated to transforming the commercial infrastructure and patient experience in healthcare.