Set your sights on a role making a real difference in the healthcare system. We’re looking for a self-motivated Health Information Analyst to join our team. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career.
The Health Information Analyst will be responsible for reviewing work lists to identify outstanding records with incomplete queries and incomplete documentation and coordinate with HIM operations and coders for resolution. Review work lists to identify coding review requests and facilitate communication with PAS, RIG and CAU. Analyze unbilled reports to identify old accounts still to be coded. Review pending coding work list to identify records still needing completion. These duties are completed for LDS Hospital, Primary Children’s Hospital and Heber Valley Hospital.
Your day to day role will include:
- Analyzes unbilled reports to identify old accounts still to be coded and make these records available to the coders for completion.
- Reviews the pending coding work list to identify records still needing completion.
- Reviews work lists to identify outstanding records with incomplete queries, incomplete documentation, or missing charts and coordinates with HIM clerical staff for resolution.
- Reviews work lists to identify coding review requests and facilitate communication with PAS.
- Recalls charts as needed for coding and/or review.Runs predefined HDM reports on request
(credentials, readmissions, etc.)Reconciles QM list weekly and routes charts as
needed to criteria reviewers.
- Enters appropriate information in the revenue management tool.
- Codes ancillary accounts as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year experience in an HIM department or clerical experience in a hospital or have completed or be enrolled in HIM courses.
- Six months exposure to ICD coding methodologies.
- Basic computer experience and demonstrated proficiency in word processing application(s) and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated organization and memorization skills with the ability to focus on details.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions, and function as part of a team.
It would be great if you also have:
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) preferred
- At least three years of office related experience in a healthcare environment
- Graduate of a Health Information Management program
Sound like you? Let’s talk!
R1 is a leading provider of revenue cycle management services and Physician Advisory Services to healthcare providers. We are the largest independent end-to-end revenue cycle provider and have the longest operating history in the revenue cycle industry. R1’s objective is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our distinctive operating model and values includes people, processes, and sophisticated integrated technology/analytics that help customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians, and staff. We are dedicated to transforming the commercial infrastructure and patient experience in healthcare.