Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Set your sights on a role making a real difference in the healthcare system. We’re looking for a self-motivated Health Information Management (HIM) Coordinator to join our team. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career.
The Health Information Management Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and performing the technical functions of the Health Information Management (HIM) department. This person will be assisting with the maintenance of daily operations, training and monitoring quality standards. This is a working team lead role, so the successful candidate will also be performing the duties of team members. The HIM Coordinator will complete and submit information regarding work performance to HIM Manager. The successful candidate must have demonstrated team leadership or management experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.
Your day to day role will include:
- Providing HIM team leadership
- Assisting team members with technical and escalated issues
- Completing Medical records data entry and review
- Obtaining and releasing medical records
- Serving as liaison to HIM managers and other departments
- All other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent degree
- At least one year of experience in a hospital, healthcare or office environment is required
- Ability to communicate, lead and work effectively with a wide range of individual backgrounds
- High degree of professionalism
- Discretion in dealing with highly confidential protected health information
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize HIM job functions
It would be great if you also have:
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) certification
R1 RCM (R1) is changing healthcare by infusing operational discipline and proprietary technology in hospital financial processes. We are an industry leader; we are the only independent organization with a comprehensive service and technology offering for hospital revenue cycle management, and we have achieved leading outcomes for our customers.
- A strong financial performing, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance.
- A culture of excellence, driving customer success so they can focus on improving patient care and on giving back to the community.
- A Total Rewards package which may include such things as: competitive compensation package, the ability to choose from a comprehensive benefit program mostly funded by R1 that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, life and disability insurance, along with work life balance programs including paid time off for personal time, illness and volunteering, and we offer a retirement savings plan and continuing training and development and so much more!
Sound like you? Let’s talk!
About R1 RCM:
R1 is a leading provider of revenue cycle management services and Physician Advisory Services to healthcare providers. We are the largest independent end-to-end revenue cycle provider and have the longest operating history in the revenue cycle industry. R1’s objective is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our distinctive operating model and values includes people, processes, and sophisticated integrated technology/analytics that help customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians, and staff. We are dedicated to transforming the commercial infrastructure and patient experience in healthcare.