Like you, UnitedHealth Group is strong on innovation. And like you, we'll go the distance to deliver high-quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive for our members and providers. You'll have the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members about program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have a chance to make an impact.
Responsible for operational processes related to entering clinical documentation into the Electronic Medical Record. Provides guidance to Health Information Specialists.
- Provides guidance, orientation, and training to Health Information Management staff on department processes and procedures
- Ensures patient healthcare documentation is properly scanned and indexed into the Electronic Medical Record
- Processes home health orders in an effort to obtain physician signature within state guideline timeframes
- Fax and mail home health discharge/transfer summaries in an effort to notify providers within state guideline timeframes
- Responds to inquiries related to Release of Information
- Processes requests for subpoenas and affidavits
- Conducts quality assurance audits of documentation within the EMR and generates audit statistics for HIM management
- Ensures HIPAA and legal guidelines are followed in all interactions with patients and in handling of the health record
- HS Diploma or GED
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of clinic workflow, processes, and environment
- Knowledge of how to use IDX, Touchworks and other clinical software
- Proficient in computer skills
- Minimum two years’ experience with H.I.M. department operations
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Health Information Management, documentation, EMR, fax, discharge, patient, customer service, data input, data entry, patient charts, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada