Shift Days: Monday - Friday ; Shift Hours: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Set your sights on a role making a real difference in the healthcare system. We’re looking for a self-motivated Health Information Specialist to join our team. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career.
The Health Information Specialist will work under the prescribed procedure to analyze and verify inpatient and outpatient health records for completeness and accuracy. This person will be navigating between multiple software systems including, but not limited to, Cerner, Invision, and DOMA to verify the completeness of the health record, make system corrections and change document types via the systems when appropriate. They will be using department analysis guidelines for required documentation to determine whether or not records are complete. This person will also assist physicians by answering questions regarding completeness of the health record. The Health Information Specialist will perform audits of records for requirements for Joint Commission Accreditation and Conditions of Participation.
In addition, the specialist will prepare and report physician deficiency and delinquency information to HIM leadership on a weekly and/or monthly basis depending upon report needed.
Your day-to-day role will include:
- Enter all deficiencies into the electronic record system.
- Track and trend physician deficiency and delinquency data for reporting to HIM leadership.
- Communicate with physicians daily as questions arise regarding the completeness of the health record.
- Complete all tasks within required timelines and achieve quality goals as driven by policy.
- Maintain and upgrade the knowledge and skills affecting the quality of the work done.
- Perform clerical duties which include scanning documents.
- Follow department guidelines to analyze inpatient and outpatient records for accuracy and completeness using the electronic record system.
- Route any problems or inaccuracies to the appropriate queue where they will later be corrected and/or reassigned.
- Perform record reviews relative to Joint Commission guidelines as well as Conditions of Participation.
- Practice service excellence through communication skills and create a healthy work environment by treating others respectfully.
- Manage conflict by identifying solutions or seeking guidance as necessary.
- High School diploma
- Knowledge and organizational ability to review medical records for completeness by following BMC/HIS guidelines
- Ability to learn medical terminology
- Ability to pay close attention to detail to detect missing and/or incorrect information in the medical record and must also have the knowledge and skills needed to make the corrections when appropriate
- Ability to maintain production standards as set forth by the HIM Operational Manager
It would be great if you also have:
- Medical terminology
- Experience in working in a healthcare environment
- Bi-lingual skills
R1 RCM (R1) is changing healthcare by infusing operational discipline and proprietary technology in hospital financial processes. We are an industry leader; we are the only independent organization with a comprehensive service and technology offering for hospital revenue cycle management, and we have achieved leading outcomes for our customers.
- A strong financial performing, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance.
- A culture of excellence, driving customer success so they can focus on improving patient care and on giving back to the community.
- A Total Rewards package which may include such things as: competitive compensation package, the ability to choose from a comprehensive benefit program mostly funded by R1 that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, life and disability insurance, along with work life balance programs including paid time off for personal time, illness and volunteering, and we offer a retirement savings plan and continuing training and development and so much more!
Sound like you? Let’s talk!
About R1 RCM:
R1 is a leading provider of revenue cycle management services and Physician Advisory Services to healthcare providers. We are the largest independent end-to-end revenue cycle provider and have the longest operating history in the revenue cycle industry. R1’s objective is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our distinctive operating model and values includes people, processes, and sophisticated integrated technology/analytics that help customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians, and staff. We are dedicated to transforming the commercial infrastructure and patient experience in healthcare.