Shift : Monday - Friday; 8:30am - 5pm
Set your sights on a role making a real difference in the healthcare system.
We’re looking for a self-motivated Health Information Specialist to join our team. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career. The Health Information Specialist will be reporting director to the Health Information Management (HIM) Supervisor. The Health Information Specialist will work under the prescribed procedure to provide transcription clerical support such as corrections, performing copy and paste function, report routing, transcription system maintenance, and analyze and verify medical records for completeness and accuracy. This person will be navigating between multiple medical systems including: Edit Script, EMON, Sovera, Soarian, Sunrise Clinical Manager, and Indiana Health Information Exchange (IHIE), to verify the completeness of transcribed reports and the medical record, make system corrections and change document types via the EMON or when appropriate.They will be using SVH/HIM analysis guidelines for required documentation to determine whether or not records are complete.
Your day-to-day role
* Communicate with physicians daily as questions arise regarding the completeness of transcribe
* Maintain and upgrade the knowledge and skills affecting the quality of the work done.
* Responsible to adhere to the organization’s Corporate Compliance program; adherence, includes but is
not limited to, attendance at mandatory Corporate Compliance in-services,carrying out position responsibilities consistent with program guidelines, and reporting any violation of Corporate Compliance policies to your supervisor.
* Perform the record analysis Sovera as assigned by the HIM Operation Manager.
* Perform clerical duties which includes routing transcribed report electronically and direct mailing.
* Follow SVH and HIM guidelines to analyze inpatient and outpatient records for accuracy and
completeness using the electronic record system.
* Perform physician requested error corrections to transcribed reports
* Copy and Paste interim notes into discharge summary for defined locations.
* Assign physician dictation number within EMON system
* Correct system identified errors in EMON.
* Practice service excellence through communication skills and create a healthy work environment
by treating others respectfully.
* Manage conflict by identifying solutions or seeking guidance as necessary.
* High School diploma
* Knowledge and organizational ability to review medical records for completeness by following
* Ability to learn medical terminology
* Ability to enter data at an acceptable level of speed and accuracy and to operate a computer using Mainframe, Edit Script, EMON, Sovera, Soarian, and Sunrise Clinical Manager
* Ability to pay close attention to detail to detect missing and/or incorrect information in the medical record and must also have the knowledge and skills needed to make the corrections when appropriate
* Ability to maintain production standards as set forth by the HIM Operational Manager
It would be great if you
* Experience working in a healthcare environment
R1 RCM (R1) is changing healthcare by infusing operational discipline and proprietary technology in hospital financial processes. We are an industry leader; we are the only independent organization with a comprehensive service and technology offering for hospital revenue cycle management, and we have achieved leading outcomes for our customers.
- A strong financial performing, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance.
- A culture of excellence, driving customer success so they can focus on improving patient care and on giving back to the community.
- A Total Rewards package which may include such things as: competitive compensation package, the ability to choose from a comprehensive benefit program mostly funded by R1 that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, life and disability insurance, along with work life balance programs including paid time off for personal time, illness and volunteering, and we offer a retirement savings plan and continuing training and development and so much more!
Sound like you? Let’s talk!
About R1 RCM:
R1 is a leading provider of revenue cycle management services and Physician Advisory Services to healthcare providers. We are the largest independent end-to-end revenue cycle provider and have the longest operating history in the revenue cycle industry. R1’s objective is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our distinctive operating model and values includes people, processes, and sophisticated integrated technology/analytics that help customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians, and staff. We are dedicated to transforming the commercial infrastructure and patient experience in healthcare.