Health Services Supervisor
Primary Location: United States-CA-CASacramento
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
Do you have leadership experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and you’re looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
- Plan and organize activities in nursing services, to ensure patient needs are met in accordance with instructions of physician and the facility’s administrative procedures.
- Manage the administration of medications, performance of physicals, provision of treatments, and scheduling of medical appointments.
- Evaluate nursing activities to ensure patient care, staff relations, and efficiency of service.
- Observe nursing care and visit patients to ensure that nursing care is carried out as directed and that treatment is administered in accordance with physician's instructions
- Inspect patient facilities for cleanliness and comfort.
- Order, or direct ordering of drugs, solutions, and equipment, and maintain records on narcotics.
- Investigate and resolve complaints, and refer unusual problems to superior.
- Plan and organize orientation and in-service training for unit staff members, and participate in guidance and educational programs.
- If licensed as an LPN or LVN, manages administration of medications, physicals, and provision of medical treatments in collaboration with an RN.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
- Direct and supervise two or more RN's or LVN's including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training.
- Make decisions on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions.
- Resolve employee problems within position responsibilities.
If you have leadership experience and a passion for those we serve… we want to hear from you!
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Must have a current state RN license if supervising RNs.
- Must have a current state LPN license if supervising LPNs.
Education and Experience
- If supervising RNs, must be a graduate of an accredited nursing school or nursing program and have three years of related experience.
- If supervising only LPNs/LVNs, must have an associates' degree from a two year college or technical school and have two years of related experience.
Blood Borne Pathogen Category
- Job requires performance of duties that involve potential for exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. Tasks that do involve exposure are an expectation of employment.
What We Offer You
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual bonus plan
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including paid CEU opportunities, career development and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
- Mileage reimbursement and overtime pay
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Loyd’s Liberty Homes is a partner of The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!