If you are located in the Jacksonville, Palestine or Frankston, Texas, area you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assess, plan and implement care strategies that are individualized by patient and directed toward the most appropriate, lease restrictive level of care
- Identify and initiate referrals for social service programs; including financial, psychosocial, community and state supportive services
- Manage the care plan throughout the continuum of care as a single point of contact
- Communicate with all stakeholders the required health-related information to ensure quality coordinated care and services are provided expeditiously to all members
- Advocate for patients and families as needed to ensure the patient’s needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the health care team
- Make outbound calls and receive inbound calls to assess members' current health status
- Identify gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Active RN license in the state of Texas or the ability to obtain upon hire
- 4+ years of experience working within the community health setting in a health care role
- Experience in long-term care, home health, hospice, public health or assisted living
- Pediatric experience
- The ability to travel in assigned region to visit Medicaid members in their homes and/or other settings, including community centers, hospitals or providers' offices
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A background in managing populations with complex medical or behavioral needs
- Experience with electronic charting
- 5+ years of experience working with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Case management experience
- 5 years’ experience documenting in an electronic documentation system
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience in discharge planning
- Experience in utilization review, concurrent review or risk management
- Experience with arranging community resources
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Clinical, Registered Nurse, RN , CCM, Medicaid Waver, Medicaid, MDCP, pediatrics, field based, home care, home health, complex case management, managed care, bilingual, mental health, behavioral health, case management, case manager, home and community based services, long-term care, LTC, hospice, public health, assisted living, Medicare, Medicaid, Waiver, healthcare, managed care, field-based, Jacksonville, Palestine, Frankston, Texas, TX, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, remote, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, UHC, UnitedHealth Care, Community and State