What makes your Network career greater with UnitedHealth Group? Growth opportunities among the variety of product lines and making an impact on the healthcare system ensures it will always be challenging and exciting. OptumInsight (formerly Ingenix) is searching for a motivated, skilled Healthcare Advocate to join our team. As a member of the Payer & Government Health Management Solutions team within OptumInsight, you will consult with physicians throughout a predetermined set of Provider Groups in Northern Los Angeles county and Ventura county.
If you are located within northern Los Angeles County/Ventura County in CA, or the surrounding area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Functioning independently, travel throughout a defined territory in Southern CA to meet with medical groups and providers to discuss OptumInsight tools and programs focused on improving the quality of care for Medicare Advantage and Medicaid Members
- Utilizing data analysis, identify and target medical groups, providers, and staff who will benefit from our Medicare Risk Adjustment training and documentation/coding resources
- Utilizing data analysis and consulting skills, identify deficiencies in physician encounter submission processes and develop comprehensive, provider-specific plans to increase encounter submission rates and accuracy resulting in improved outcomes and RAF performance
- Educate providers on how to improve their Risk Adjustment Factor (RAF) scores, which measure their patients' health status
- Reach out to physicians, medical groups, IPAs, and hospitals to build positive, long-term, consultative relationships
- Develop comprehensive Group and Provider specific work plans to increase their RAF performance and Quality Programs to ensure members are being seen and receiving preventative care and screenings for chronic conditions
- Train providers on our Clinical Initiatives and Risk Adjustment programs and tools, and work toward the adoption of these programs in to their practices
- Collaborate with medical groups, doctors, coders, facility staff, and a variety of internal and external personnel on a wide scope of Quality and Risk Adjustment education efforts
- Must have a reliable car in order to travel to provider offices; Mileage is reimbursed
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of Managed Care and Medicare programs experience
- Ability to sit down with Medical Groups of all sizes and develop joint Action/Work Plans
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel throughout Southern CA at least 50% of the time
- Must live within a commutable distance of the location listed for this specific career opportunity
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to sit down with Medical Groups of all sizes
Existing relationships with providers in the Southern CA market strongly preferred
Ability to develop long-term relationships
Strong work ethic and the desire to succeed
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Experience giving group presentations/training
Ability to work independently
OptumInsight is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.OptumInsight is one of the largest and fastest growing health information companies. We specialize in improving the performance of the health system by providing analytics, technology and consulting services that enable better decisions and results. We integrate workflow solutions that deliver data in real-time, and create actionable insights - processing health information that relates directly to and affects one in four patients in the U.S, one in every three Medicaid dollars and one in every five emergency room visits. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance. What can YOU do with the right information? At OptumInsight, the possibilities and the impact are limitless. No matter what your role is at OptumInsight, you'll be empowered to ask more questions, develop better solutions and help make the health care system greater than ever. It's always fresh. It's always exciting. And it's never been more important.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: CPC, CRC, HEDIS, risk adjustment, coding, RN, LPN, risk consultant, telecommute, LA County, Ventura County, Santa Clarita, Los Angeles, Ventura, CA, California, southern California