At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, Stakeholder Relations, and the CAO Integration and Planning Office.
Corporate Benefits Analytics (CBA) manages and enhances analytic and data assets for US and International Benefits in order to generate actionable insights and a competitive advantage. CBA is responsible for financial projections, healthcare/well-being/fringe benefits analytics, and rates, contributions, and budget development for Wells Fargo’s Health and Welfare programs. Our CBA team transforms data into information into action and uses analytics to create insights that support improved health and well-being for our Team Members and their dependents.
We are seeking an experienced analytic consultant to support Corporate Benefits and Human Resources management. Responsibilities include:
- Enhance and support current analytics. Customers include Corporate Benefits, International Benefits, Well-Being, Disability/Leaves, Retirement Services and Financial Health, HR Finance, HR leadership, line-of-business leaders, and others.
- Consult with partners to identify and define business requirements and translate business needs into complex analytics and recommendations.
- Identify and recommend internal and external data sources, compile/mine data from multiple, cross-business sources; recommend and participate in the development of complex analytics using statistical and/or financial analysis; predictive modeling, process documentation, comparative analysis, customer/demographic analysis, etc.;
- Interpret results and recommend solutions to increase revenue, reduce expense, maximize operational efficiency/quality, etc.
- Ensure adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies. Data may be very large, structured or unstructured, and from multiple sources. To a degree, may manage and/or assist in the technical build-out and/or support of databases, query tools, reporting tools, BI tools, dashboards, etc. that enable analysis, modeling, and/or compelling data visualization. May manage project teams and provide guidance to less experienced team members.
- Develop detailed analytics using claims/benefits data warehouse and other sources to support plan design, management reporting, healthcare analysis, and ad hoc requests.
- Develop demographic, well-being, disability, health management, retirement, member engagement, financial and other benefits analytics, reports, and dashboards (US and International).
- Create Access, Excel, and SAS databases using data from multiple sources in order to develop analyses and reports to answer management requests.
- Discover trends and anomalies and analyze to identify root causes and expense drivers; communicate to appropriate management levels, expertly craft readily understandable stories.
- Recommend enhancements and actions based on predictive model results.
- Adhere to benefits, data, privacy, and related regulation.
- 5+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 3+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: data management, metrics & business intelligence, data warehouse
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Healthcare analytics experience
- SQL or SAS experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Tableau experience
- Claims data warehouse analysis experience with Truven, OptumInsight, Verisk, or other similar tools
- Knowledge and understanding of healthcare actuarial methods
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.