If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
Under minimal supervision this position is responsible for responding to referral requests generated via computer, fax or telephone. Answers all incoming calls via Automatic Call Distribution and making outbound calls to obtain demographic, referral information, verify insurance eligibility, benefits and obtain authorization as needed.
- Ability to handle 35+ calls and 15+ referrals during an 8 hour shift, facilitating a positive patient experience
- Maintain 98% Accuracy on all patient documentation and referral information in patients account
- Obtains prior authorization and secures co-pay as defined by policy
- Routes referral and patient information to the appropriate venue and notifies referral source of disposition when unable to accept referral
- Resolves questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels
- Adhere to all written policy and procedures
- Provides mentorship to other representatives during introductory period
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent Customer Service experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Call Center, customer service, medical terminology, Medicare, HMO, Urology, endocrinology