Our work is challenging, our opportunity is huge, and we are looking for people who enjoy working hard with enthusiastic teammates.
The ideal candidate must have a demonstrated aptitude and enthusiasm for healthcare data and its application in improving patient lives. Must have a strong orientation toward teamwork. Candidate must have a good understanding of research being done using healthcare data; must be able to develop the requisite expertise to guide data users/researchers in navigating complex data structures towards reaching their analysis/research goals. Must be able to outline possible solutions and strategies to solve research problems when needed.
- Provide customer support with data training for clinical and claims data.
- Create and maintain all relevant training materials including pertinent documentation for all data assets
- Contribute to training design and development
- Work closely with our account management and clinical teams towards addressing client needs
- Conduct data exploration, solve data problems using SQL
Travel requirement: 50 - 60%
- 3+ years working as an Analytics Consultant or equivalent
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Experience giving presentations to internal and/or external customers
- Healthcare/ life sciences experience – well-versed in EHR and Claims
- Excellent understanding of healthcare industry terminology and coding (e.g. NDC11, ICD9/ ICD10, HCPCS, CPT, LOINC)
- Demonstrable skills in designing/creating presentations using PowerPoint or other such tools.
- 2+ years of working experience in a relational database environment
- 2+ years of SQL database programming experience
- Detail-oriented with excellent time and resource management skills
- Master’s degree in Health Care related field, Biosciences and/or Informatics
- Experience researching data to determine whether “clean” or “dirty”
- Experience designing longitudinal studies
- Experience building out project specifications
- Familiarity with pharma/biotech products (brands, generics, branded generic)
- Experience working with clinical patient data (lab tests, procedures, diagnoses, medications, etc.).
- Experience working with claims data; knowledge about drug formulary systems, healthcare payers/plans, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.