This will include Optum Wellness and Wellness Legacy Alere PG support, additional Automation and new development to support utilizing Sales Force as a data source for Wellness Performance Guarantee's and Annual Savings. The three primary functions this role will support are:
1) Take over the wellness coaching PGs that your team is currently compiling. This would include a systematic and thorough review of all your code, alignment with contractual language, improvement in coding logic and testing.
2) Add all the Quit for Life PGs (there are about 2,000 of these, about 200 accounts) and the existing weight management PGs to the PURE tool and have our team systematically collect the results from the Alere Payer staff (primarily James Foster, and Ksenya).
3) Design and implement data feeds for the Quit for Life and Weight Talk PGs to have them feed directly into PURE without manual data entry.
- Supports Optum in using SAS to code production level robust, repeatable and well documented SAS programs to extract health insurance claims and health care operational data
- Independent creation of technical specifications, design and architecture
- Production of accurate results to support contractual results and performance guarantees (PGs) for high visibility clients
- Creates data extracts, cleanses data and produces normative information for calculation
- Data acquisition and methods vary greatly by client, support both standard and non-standard methods
- Analyze and manipulate large sets of healthcare data
- Programming data in SAS, using SDLC methods
- Up to 40% of the time will be spent on sharing technical expertise within the team and leading others in Unix shell scripting
- Working with partner teams to perform custom coding in SAS as well as leverage other SAS code
- Analyzing healthcare claim cost and utilization data from multiple source systems
- Create user documentation
- Investigating operational and clinical data to identify and propose solutions for data issues
- Participate in quality assurance and user acceptance testing by writing test scripts, executing test cases and documenting defects
- Identify & communicate areas of improvement and be the thought leader on SAS and technology enhancements
- Proactively design and deliver benchmarking, feasibility and new reporting based on expertise
- Design improved production reporting capability to enable faster and more automated analytics
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience in hands-on data analysis of healthcare clinical or administrative data
- 4+ years of experience interpreting data outputs, making recommendations and presenting results to leadership and stakeholders
- Advanced level of proficiency with SAS programming
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Unix
- Master's Degree
- SAS Certification
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency with Word and PowerPoint
- Strong adherence to timelines and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated awareness of when to appropriately escalate issues/risks
- Ability to work well within a team that has many remote team members
- Proven attention to detail and high level of organization and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.