In this role, you will put your relationship building and analytical skills to the test. You'll interact with providers and report on behalf of the provider database during wider ranging IT projects. You'll be part of a fast-paced, data driven organization where accuracy and performance are highly valued.
Positions in this function are responsible for various activities related to the provider network database which may include any or all of the following: database maintenance, reporting and extracting data for various reports and analyses, initiating database improvement. Develops and maintains standards for database integrity and quality assurance, coordinates corrective activities to clean database and retain users, and manages communication processes with other departments regarding database improvements. Conducts audits and provides feedback to reduce errors and improve processes and performance. Maintains current provider data to ensure the quality of the network. May be responsible for representing the provider network area on company IT projects, reporting and tracking provider calls and complaints, or for the support, coordination, and production of the paper directory cycles. *Employees in jobs labeled with SCA must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement.
- Help manage provider data and maintain and improve databases
- Report and extract data for various reports and analyses
- Help develop / maintain standards for database integrity and quality assurance
- Coordinate corrective activities to clean database and retain users
- Assist in audits and data quality improvement initiative
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of claims / data entry experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (filter, sort, and navigate through spreadsheets)
- 2+ years of medical coding experience
- Experience in the health care industry
- Customer service experience
- Proficiency with medical terminology
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.