There's never been a time that was more right for people who want to lead. Health care is changing and evolving at a pace that few could have predicted. Technology, ideas and bold vision are taking companies like UnitedHealth Group to new levels of performance. This is the time and the opportunity that can bring your impact to a whole new level We're driving ever higher levels of sophistication in how provider networks are formed and operate. The goal is to improve quality of service while exploring new ways to manage costs. In this role, you'll use your strong background in provider services to lead teams with the goal of ensuring quality of interactions and performance of providers in our networks. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
- Oversee end-to-end performance of provider network servicing and performance
- Develop and execute strategies spanning multiple markets/site
- Identify and resolve technical, operational and organizational problems
- Drive the design and implementation of programs that build/nurture positive relationships between the health plan, providers and practice managers
- Ensure implementation of training and education programs for external providers
- Identify gaps in network composition and services to assist network contracting and development teams
This role comes with significant challenge. You'll be responsible for the overall relationship, contracting and negotiation of provider agreements that align with providing overall network profitability. You lead the effort to maintain client relationships and product offerings as you contribute to the overall strategic and operating plan for the business needs.
- 7+ years of provider relations experience
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- At least an intermediate level of knowledge of claims processing
- 5+ years of experience with Medicare and Medicaid regulations
- Ability to create and conduct effective presentations
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access
- Undergraduate degree
The health system is moving ahead. You can too as you help us build new levels of provider network performance. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Healthcare, Managed Care, Hospital Contracting, Physician Contracting, Ancillary Contracting, Provider Network, Network Development, Provider Services, Provider Education, Provider Relations