Some people take things as they come. Others relentlessly push themselves to go farther. Combine health care and technology, which are two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet, with UnitedHealth Group's culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get: industry-leading health care services at a company that's improving the lives of millions.
As the Health Care Economics Consultant you will research and investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and healthcare cost data. You will identify potential areas for medical expense improvements, and alternative pricing strategies. As the consultant, you will perform statistical findings and presents conclusions, as well as provide data in support of financial, utilization, and actuarial analyses. Your analyses will be used to create viable, real-world solutions in a complex health care landscape. The work is as challenging as it is rewarding. You'll open doors to new opportunities. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. Join us. There's never been a better time to do your life's best work. (sm)
If you are located in the states of New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, or New York, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Extracts, aggregates and QA applicable data from multiple sources and tables for purposes of root cause analysis
- Supports efforts to standardize data from multiple sources to make available to key analytic stakeholders and reporting tools
- Performs statistical analyses to determine effectiveness of clinical programs (e.g. pre-post analysis, clinical trial results)
- Works with clinical team to identify areas of opportunity to drive financial performance of programs
- Collects and understands historical data, and performs data analytics in support of trend identification, initiative, program development and validation
- Solves complex problems and develops innovative solutions
- Communicate results to relevant audiences and incorporates results into medical forecast
- Provides ongoing communications on project status, results, and conclusions from analyses
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance or Health Administration or related field
- Experience working in an Enterprise Data Warehouse environment or multiple source data warehouse
- 1+ years of experience working in healthcare analytics
- 3+ years of experience using SQL query techniques to access rational databases
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with SAS and/or other statistical programs is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present ideas and concepts effectively
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: data analysis, enterprise data warehouse, clinical, trends, SAS, SQL, New Hampshire, NH, Massachusetts, MA, Rhode Island, RI, Connecticut, CT, New York, NY