The Healthcare Economic Consultant supports the OptumCare GTX Clinical Operations by performing financial analyses, forecasting, and modeling, and automating internal reporting processes for Finance and other departments. The position also provides management with statistical findings and conclusions, coordinates and communicates data findings, and assists in resolving data issues across multiple departments.
- Research, retrieve, design, troubleshoot, and deliver organized analytics regarding healthcare, capitation, accounts receivable, utilization data, claims data, and financial accounting data
- Subject matter expert (SME) as it relates to healthcare capitation, accounts receivable, utilization, claims, and financial accounting data
- Analyze and extract data from the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) to report to internal and external customers
- Serve as a key resource to finance teams by providing data/analytical support, mentoring, guidance and technical expertise
- Design, develop, test, document, and maintain database queries for ad hoc reporting used in complex conceptual analyses
- Develop systematic reporting processes and procedures to ensure timely delivery of weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc reporting to management
- Manage reporting and analysis elements on all business initiative projects
- Recommend and implement new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve report content and completeness of information
- Analyze benchmarking data, reports, processes, and measurements for key managed care indicators to recognize trends and assist in developing forecasts and financial planning
- Develop innovative approaches to achieve deliverables and increase efficiencies
- Function as a team lead, overseeing the work of others within designated teams
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 3+ years of general healthcare data analysis experience
- 2+ years of experience in a reporting and analytical role
- Understanding of the complexity of Member healthcare, claims
- Proficient in SQL, SQL Reporting Services, MS Access, and MS Excel and/or equivalent data capture/reporting tools
- 3+ years of experience in a clinical setting
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: clinical, data analysis, Excel SQL, report, medical cost, saving, research, trend, healthcare, San Antonio, TX, El Paso, Texas