This position is responsible for researching and investigating key business problems through quantitative and statistical analyses of utilization and healthcare cost data, including the identification of potential medical cost saving opportunities and the effectiveness of health management initiatives.
- Serves as healthcare economics/analytics consultant for national and local market projects
Solves complex problems and develops innovative sustainable solutions
Works with minimal guidance; seeking guidance on only the most complex tasks
Collects, analyzes and performs quality assurance on analytic initiatives that consume data from multiple sources
Performs statistical and trend analyses to determine effectiveness of clinical programs (e.g. pre-post analysis, clinical trial results)
Works with a variety of teams to identify areas of opportunity in order to drive financial performance of programs
Provides consistent and timely communication on projects, results and conclusions from analyses
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance or Health Administration or related field
- 3+ years of experience in health care analytics
- 3+ years of experience using SQL, SAS query techniques to access relational databases
- Ability to interpret and review financial modeling results to evaluate the financial impact of contract changes and develop forecasts
- Experience with provider payment methodologies and healthcare products
- Experience working in an Enterprise Data Warehouse environment or multiple source data warehouse
- Proficiency with BI tools such as MicroStrategy/Tableau as well as Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
Familiarity with Medicare Risk Adjustment
- Experience with medical coding (CPT, ICD-9, ICD-10, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and concepts effective
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: healthcare economics, healthcare data, data analytics, root cause analysis, trends, financial modeling, forecasting, risk adjustment, SAS, SQL, BI, Medicare, Las Vegas NV, Nevada, West Valley City, Utah, UT, Phoenix, Arizona, AZ