Some people take things as they come. Others relentlessly push themselves to go farther. Combine health care and technology, which are two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet, with UnitedHealth Group's culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get: industry-leading health care services at a company that's improving the lives of millions.
As the Healthcare Economics Consultant you will extract, analyze and interpret Medicare Advantage healthcare data to uncover trends and assist in managing and understanding the financial impact of business decisions. You will investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and health care costs data. You will work with very large data sets and see projects from conceptualization to completion by contributing to database creation, statistical modeling and financial reporting. As the Consultant, you will interpret and analyze clinical data from various sources and recommend best approaches for its consolidation. You will work independently and as part of a team to conduct analyses which will be used to create viable, real-world solutions in a complex health care landscape. The work is as challenging as it is rewarding. You'll open doors to new opportunities. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. Join us. There's never been a better time to do your life's best work.(sm)
- Design and develop data queries through SAS and other tools to create models for analyzing business opportunities and interpreting key drivers of health care trends (i.e. medical cost, utilization, etc.)
- Provide claims, premium, capitation and membership data in support of Underwriting, Actuarial, Product and utilization analyses
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Identify and implement appropriate analytic approaches/methodologies and perform quality assurance
- Provide ongoing, meaningful, communications to managers on project status, results and conclusions from analyses
- Motivate and inspire other team members
- Attention to data accuracy and validity
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance, Math, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics or a related degree
- 3+ years of work experience in a corporate setting
- At least an intermediate proficiency with MS Excel for data analytics
- Experience with SAS, SQL and/or other statistical programs
- Knowledge of healthcare industry
- Experience working with large data sets
- Comfortable in interactions with various levels of management
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated to prioritize work on multiple complex assignments
- Ability to work successfully in an ever-changing, priority driven environment
- Ability to learn quickly and produce high-quality work
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.