Why work for the leading organization in health care to help improve the lives of millions. You'll find that this is no small opportunity on our Healthcare Economics team. There are new challenges and bigger rewards around every turn. Now is the time, and this the place where you'll find a career in which you can make a big difference, in our company, our industry, even our world.
As the Healthcare Economics Consultant, you will design and develop reports and analyze data to measure/improve business process, program, and network performance. You will investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and health care notification/costs data. Along with your team, you will identify potential areas for process, program or medical cost improvements. You will help heal the health care system as you work with an elite team to solve tough challenges. Join us. And start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Use notifications, claims or/and membership data in support of business operations, and utilization, network and process/program analyses
- Maintenance of different operations and outcome reports and address issues raised by users
- Develop or enhance process/outcome monitoring/analysis reports
- Conducted ad hoc research/investigation per client or manager’s request
- Lead projects to completion by contributing to database creation, statistical modeling and financial reports
- Works with complex raw healthcare claims and clinical data, and recognizes data patterns and potential issues and makes recommendations
- Generally work is self-directed, and serves as a resource to others
- Performs data extraction, aggregation, and quality checking from multiple sources and tables in support of trend identification, root cause analysis, affordability initiative development, and validation/measurement of medical expense reduction initiatives
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of work experience in a corporate setting
- 1+ years of health care experience working with notifications, authorization or claims data
- Proficient working with SAS
- At least an intermediate level of proficiency working with MS Excel including formulas, calculations, charts, pivot table, etc.
- At least a beginner level of proficiency with MS Access
- Intermediate level of proficiency in performing data analytics
- Ability to quickly learn and use computer software tools effectively
- Basic level of Visual Basic
- Tableau experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Healthcare Economics Consultant, Cypress, CA, Rockville, MD, Telecommute