No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward than UnitedHealth Group. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant.
As the Health Care Economics Consultant, you will perform critical research and investigation of key business problems. Using phenomenal analytical skills, you will develop and improve quantitative data analytics and set performance targets for the enterprise. As a subject matter expert, you will interpret and analyze clinical data from various sources and recommend best approaches for its consolidation. You will lead a team in identifying potential areas for medical cost improvements and alternative pricing strategies. There are new challenges and bigger rewards around every turn. Now is the time, and this the place where you'll find a career in which you can make a big difference in our company, our industry, even our world. Join us. And start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Research and investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and healthcare costs data
- Develop and improve quantitative data analytics and set performance targets
- Lead projects to completion by contributing to database creation, statistical modeling and financial reports, and provide insights to help assess outcomes
- Interpret and analyze clinical data from various sources and recommend best approaches
- Provide claims, premium, capitation and membership data in support of Underwriting, Actuarial and utilization analyses
- Create and update automated processes
- Analyze reporting tools to investigate sources of variations
- Produce and review reports
- Bachelor’s degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, pharmacoeconomics, health services research, economics, health economics, public health or a related quantitative discipline
- 3+ Programming experience with SAS or SQL
- 3+ years of experience with data reporting and analysis
- Advanced Excel skills, including formulas, calculations, pivots, charts, graphs, etc.
- VBA skills with excel, access
- 3+ years of experience within healthcare industry
- Masters within epidemiology, biostatistics, pharmacoeconomics, health services research, economics, health economics
- Reporting skills using software like Tableau, Cognos, Futrix
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Health Care Economics Consultant, Cypress, CA, California, telecommute, telecommuter, remote, work from home, SAS, SQL, reporting, analysis