No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborate with business and technology teams to define deliverables and develop solutions that are reusable across the organization
- Identify, build and deploy Project Management Office principles and standards utilizing project management tools: Charter/Scope documents, Project Plan, IRAD/Issue Log, Lessons Learned, Requirements Matrix, portfolio tracking, etc.
- Determine time frames, funding needs, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, allotment of resources to various phases of projects and lead others in the organization to make meaningful process improvements
- Monitor and document project milestones and outcomes throughout the project lifecycle to ensure adherence to established quality standards
- Develop, communicate and implement project risk and issue management plans and strategies
- Effectively build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients
- Facilitate status updates and review of programs to client senior leadership team and/or project sponsor
- Develop business plans and cost benefit analysis
- Provide work stream/project oversight, manage and track issue resolution and make key decisions for the project with the project sponsor
- Provide clear communications (oral and written) and share knowledge at all levels of the organization
- Drive/participate in presentations and meetings with all levels of the organization
- Provide coaching and mentoring of project team with the goal of developing and retaining talent within the organization
- Communicate and disseminate critical information to appropriate audiences
- Drive outcomes without direct authority, engaging team members in a cross-functional environment
- Support client implementations of products and/or services
- Conduct research studies that may include collecting, analyzing, trending and presenting data and recommendations to management
- Create written and oral communication artifacts that effectively summarize findings, support fact based recommendations and provides appropriate detail to substantiate conclusions
Limited travel is required for this role (less than 25% on average over a year’s time, but may involve Monday through Thursday travel for multiple concurrent weeks to satisfy specific client project requirements). Consultants who are not local to an Optum office facility work from a home office when not at the client site.
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent experience
- 6+ years of enterprise project/program management experience and leading a project team
- 4+ years of experience working in a professional consulting organization OR working in a healthcare leadership role
- 4+ years of experience leading large-scale consulting engagements OR large internal healthcare projects/programs
- 4+ years of experience in a client facing role
- 4+ years of experience with MS Project, MS Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint
- Based in Minneapolis area of Minnesota or ability to relocate at own expense to Minnesota or ability to travel up to 25%
- Experience translating business requirements into a detailed system specification
- Experience in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience facilitating Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working in a product development/management environment
- Experience in a large matrix environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage complex work streams
- Ability to work in a highly technical, fast-paced environment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr Consultant, Project Manager, Minneapolis, MN Minnesota, Telecommute, telecommuting, telecommuter, work from home, travel, remote, optumconsulting, optuminsightconsulting