You will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
Given the needs of the rapidly growing and underserved hearing impaired population, HealthInnovations(tm) is increasing access to hearing testing and delivering high quality hearing solutions at low cost to consumers. We are expanding and looking for an Audiologist or Hearing Aid Dispenser to work in a dynamic and customer - centric environment. Robust benefits include health insurance; life and long term disability insurance benefits; 401k; vacation, sick and personal paid time off; and an education reimbursement plan. In this full - time, field - based position, the successful candidate will have a flexible schedule while being responsible for the following:
- Rotate through existing clinics in designated areas. Some travel required.
- Provide patient care services by independently performing diagnostic evaluations, selecting appropriate amplification devices, and counseling patients and their families about hearing loss
- Provide in - person, phone, or online support to customers, regarding hearing testing, hearing device programming and adjustments, hearing health, and counseling
- Make ear impressions and ear molds
- Provides a high level of customer service with a high volume of clients
- This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a smart, dedicated team of professionals in a progressive, growing organization, with significant room for career development
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with customers and other professionals
- Basic MS / Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Certification as required by state law
- 4 year degree with a 2 year apprenticeship or a Degree in Hearing Instrument Science with state hearing aid dealer's and dispenser's license, along with any state - required certifications
- 2+ years of hands - on clinical Audiology / Hearing Aid Dispenser experience
- Expertise with National Acoustic Laboratories (NAL) programming standards
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Hearing Aid Dispenser, Audiologist, Sacramento, Modesto, CA, California